EVGA 1600w Platinum P+ PSU - 179.99 Shipped after Associate Code

Difference between the P+ and P2

P2 has:
Slightly lower amperage ratings (it rounds up to 1600, the P+ sorta kinda rounds down)
Different SATA power cable arrangement (same number of available connectors though)
fewer 4-pin peripheral connectors
1mm shorter (85 vs 86mm)
Slightly larger fan (140mm vs 135mm)
Gold rating (vs P+ Platinum rating)

I will also note - the title for the P2 lists it as a Platinum rated PSU -- however, the specs only list it as Gold rated. I'd also note, the P+ does not show Eco Mode (silent fan operation at low load) as a feature in the title, but it is listed as a "feature" under the specifications.

What am I missing? Not sure why anyone would pay more for the P2 after digging into it - it seems the worse buy by most accounts.

Difference between the P+ and P2

P2 has:
Slightly lower amperage ratings (it rounds up to 1600, the P+ sorta kinda rounds down)
Different SATA power cable arrangement (same number of available connectors though)
fewer 4-pin peripheral connectors
1mm shorter (85 vs 86mm)
Slightly larger fan (140mm vs 135mm)
Gold rating (vs P+ Platinum rating)

I will also note - the title for the P2 lists it as a Platinum rated PSU -- however, the specs only list it as Gold rated. I'd also note, the P+ does not show Eco Mode (silent fan operation at low load) as a feature in the title, but it is listed as a "feature" under the specifications.

What am I missing? Not sure why anyone would pay more for the P2 after digging into it - it seems the worse buy by most accounts.
I will offer that I have a 1300 watt P+ from EVGA and have been happy with it.

If I wasn't holding out for a 16-pin I'd get one of these. That's a great price on the P+.

Just got my P2 1200W on a great deal a few months ago. I'd jump on the P+ if I didn't though.

I was just wondering what PSU you were going to use with that new GPU. That ought to feed the beast quite nicely.

I had a Seasonic 1300w on my wishlist, and I hadn't researched this one by EVGA very far, but it seems like a good bargain at the sale price with the code.

Become a Patron!
Back