EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER SC ULTRA Gaming Review

Eduardo_Domingot

{NG}Fidel
Staff member
04G-P4-1357-KR_XL_2-1024x607.png

Introduction

On the testbed, today is an EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER SC ULTRA Gaming (04G-P4-1357-KR) featuring NVIDIA’s Turing-based TU116 but without the RTX components. This GPU is a lower-end product targeting budget gamers looking for a competent 1080p gaming GPU within the $160-$190 range. At the time of writing this article, you can find this GPU for $189.99 on EVGA’s web store. Not exactly as cheap as MSRP, but fairly in line with most AIB solutions.

EVGA supplies users with a 3-year standard warranty, which is also transferable to a second owner in a personal sale. EVGA also allows users to step up to another GPU, so long as they pay the...

Continue reading...

I think the days of sub $250 cards are long gone. At that price point, you are better off getting a console.

Really you won't get much more performance than a XboxOneX, Maybe not even that.

$500 is the new $300 and $300 is the new sub $200. Man I miss the days you could get awesome performance for $200

Both of my kids aren't console gamers.. We've got the PS4 Pro, and the XBONE, and they just don't use them.

Since my kid's displays are at 1080p, something like this is reasonable for the games they play. Now mind you, they both have 1080's (hand-me-downs from my setups), so they're good to go for a long while...

fortunately my kid got into pc gaming and ditched consoles since I got a GTX1070Ti. Bad thing is now he wants a RTX 3070.
He was wowed by the initial specs and promised performance of new consoles, but now that both are out, he's not impressed anymore.

To be honest I personally know quite a few individuals who still shop in this price range. For them this card is worth a look over.

Most of these individuals prefer to buy new either for the warranty support or distrust of secondhand sales.

For myself personally I buy higher end of course but I do my best to try and not get too disconnected with the budget gamer. My roommate is one, although he thrives on buying my hand me down equipment haha

When my customers/friends/family ask for gaming video card advice, I tell them to skip sub $200 dlls cards, a bare minimum IMO would be a GTX1660/RX5500. If you go below that, you are getting console quality settings and/or console framerates.

I can't count how many times I've seen people regretting buying cheap cards and not getting the performance they expected.

Most of the time I drop things like this in for people who are playing mostly Facebook games, the occasional Steam/EA game... something that needs a bit more than Intel IGP, but are never going to push AAA games at MAX ULTRA.... but wouldn't touch a console in any form or fashion.

After a couple of my kids friends saw my gaming PC they asked their parents for one. I had just intalled my GTX1070 and Fortnite ran great at 1440´on my 4k TV. When I told their parents how much would it cost to build a comparable gaming PC, one of them had someone build one for almost half the price... but less than half performance, the other kid got an XboneX. Guess who was happier.

To be honest I personally know quite a few individuals who still shop in this price range. For them this card is worth a look over.

Most of these individuals prefer to buy new either for the warranty support or distrust of secondhand sales.

For myself personally I buy higher end of course but I do my best to try and not get too disconnected with the budget gamer. My roommate is one, although he thrives on buying my hand me down equipment haha
I was just recommending a 1650 super to someone earlier in the day... Not everyone buys 3090's. He is also using it for a second PC for dedicated streaming and some gaming when friends come over, so 1650 super is the cheapest turing nvenc encoder you can buy ;). Normal 1650 didn't come with the turing encoder (weird decision by nvidia). It's an ok card for an ok price as far as performance/$, it's got it's uses still.

I actually have this card.... picked it up in January when it was still selling for about $150. Only needed it to hold me over till the 3000's dropped, and it served me well for the few months that I used it. Cheap, quiet, and even managed to play some games with it... really can't complain given its price, though I guess it was a better buy than it is now at $190.

I actually have this card.... picked it up in January when it was still selling for about $150. Only needed it to hold me over till the 3000's dropped, and it served me well for the few months that I used it. Cheap, quiet, and even managed to play some games with it... really can't complain given its price, though I guess it was a better buy than it is now at $190.
Yeah, it's performance is more than capable for many on a budget, buying for a relative, equipping in a pre-built, or getting started with a first time PC.

I needed to replace a GPU in my wife's computer just a few weeks ago. Pickings were extraordinarily slim. I had about a $300 budget, ended up settling on a 5600XT. Prices were all over the map and a lot of stuff just wasn't available at all.

F U 2020

Become a Patron!
Back