Fan Merges Cyberpunk 2077 with World of Warcraft in New Trailer

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
World-of-Cyberpunk-2077-1024x576.png

What do you get when you mix a beloved franchise with an upcoming blockbuster? World of Cyberpunk 2077, that’s what. A clever fan has created a trailer merging World of Warcraft and Cyberpunk 2077. They used WOW model viewer and WOW export tools to create a rather authentic-looking video that could leave some game execs wondering if they’re missing out on something.

There’s already a franchise that essentially does this, Shadowrun, which is what you would get if you merged medieval fantasy with a futuristic cyber metro environment, but Shadowrun has never done it quite like this. Duren, the author of this trailer, has taken some iconic scenes from the official E3 Cyberpunk 2077 trailer and remade them with WOW characters.

Instead of Night City, we have Mechagon. Some WOW...

Continue reading...

Man I'd love to see a Shadowrun game given the kind of love Cyberpunk2077 is getting. There is space in my wallet and harddive for both I promise! But A good shadowrun game would take all of the stuff in Cyberpunk 2077 and add Magic, and a Spirit based system as well, not to mention a whole spirit world analogous to the net that Deckers/hackers use. A heafty undertaking to do it as a real RPG and not a top down system. In the Shadowrun Returns games those ARE good but they are a sort of 30% view of the various systems. They had to dial it back to fit within scope of their development time/resources. Just kind of sad the expansions never really expanded on it.

There are a PLETHORA of gear options for what you can use/wear in Shadowrun (like Cyberpunk) and on top of that there are again a plethora of options for Magic characaters from your Physad to the More understandable but powerful spell casters, to shamanic spellcasters, to a type that is both a spell caster AND a physad... and on and on and on....

I'd love to see someone develop a true to the pen an paper way to make that all work.

Become a Patron!
Back