Farming Simulator 22 Is Doing Better than Battlefield 2042 on Steam

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
farming-simulator-22-screenshot-cow-1024x576.jpg
Image: Giants Software

Steam users are more interested in playing Farming Simulator 22 than Battlefield 2042. That’s according to the latest data from SteamDB, which shows that EA and DICE’s heavily marketed shooter has managed to fall behind Giants Software’s release in today’s peak player counts. Farming Simulator 22 also bested Battlefield 2042 in Steam’s top sellers list for the previous week, outselling other popular titles such as Cyberpunk 2077 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Farming Simulator has more players than Battlefield. pic.twitter.com/zQKZvvrIbv— SteamDB (@SteamDB) November 28, 2021

“Take on the role of a modern farmer!” reads a description for Farming...

[url="https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/11/28/farming-simulator-22-is-doing-better-than-battlefield-2042-on-steam/"]Continue reading...

A shame this can't be a poster put up on display during the next EA annual earnings, or board meeting. Pretty sure someone in the room might question the direction the company has committed to.

It isn't a bad game, I played '15 with my son back in the day, and he's still huge into the franchise. It's very chill, and has a similar vibe as SimCity or other builders, where you start with next to nothing and just have to work your way up, adding complexity to the system as it builds on itself.

That said, it's chill, but they are absolutely predatory on the DLC. $60 for the base game, plus nickel and dime for all but the very base tractor/implement/etc. It's one of those games where you can spend money in a hurry without knowing it.

It did take a while for me to convince him that his "slurry farm" was nothing more than poop in a tank though.

Apart from that, I think it's time for something other than Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto or Fortnite to get some attention. Not sure I want an endless wave of "simulators", although it seems to be pretty popular genre on Steam. Farming simulator, PC Building Simulator, Car Mechanic Simulator, Gas Station Simulator, American Trucking Simulator, Lawn Mowing Simulator, etc.... and those are just the ones the son has on his computer.

but they are absolutely predatory on the DLC. $60 for the base game, plus nickel and dime for all but the very base tractor/implement/etc. It's one of those games where you can spend money in a hurry without knowing it.
John Deere is included I see.

@Brian_B , back in the office today and focusing on a lot of different things and at a glance I read your reply as Call of Grand Theft Fortnite. LOL! The new mashup super blockbuster guaranteed to cover all the monetization bases. ;)

@Brian_B , back in the office today and focusing on a lot of different things and at a glance I read your reply as Call of Grand Theft Fortnite. LOL! The new mashup super blockbuster guaranteed to cover all the monetization bases. ;)

Call of Grand Theft Fortnite! I would totally not play that!

Now give me Diablo vs the Sims and I'd probably be down with that.

I've played Battlefield 2042 and I'm not surprised by this news.

Become a Patron!
Back