FIFA 21 on PC Not Getting PS5 and Xbox Series X|S Features to Keep Minimum Specs Down

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
fifa-21-screenshot-yellow-uniform-1024x576.jpg
Image: EA

The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of FIFA 21 are going to benefit from a variety of next-gen effects and features, such as ball deformation, muscle definition, and new camera angles. Unfortunately, the PC version is getting none of that.

In a statement to Eurogamer, executive producer Aaron McHardy explained that EA decided to keep FIFA 21’s PC version last-gen so it could “open the doors and be inclusive to everybody who wants to play FIFA.”

“When we looked at what generation to put the PC game on, we looked at...

Continue reading...

That is a BS excuse. They just didn't want to put in the time and effort to fix the PC version.

With how simple these games are at this point (with the many iterations they have made) I have to agree with Armenius. Its just absolute bullshit. You would think with a game a year they could afford platform feature parity (long as the hardware provides for it).

With how simple these games are at this point (with the many iterations they have made) I have to agree with Armenius. Its just absolute bullshit. You would think with a game a year they could afford platform feature parity (long as the hardware provides for it).
Not to mention the money they make off of microtransactions with this franchise.

The funny thing is that the game is already done for PC as its done for the SeriesX. And they have already stripped it down to work on the Series S with pretty much the same features.

No excuse...

I used to buy Fifa every other year... up until 2004. That was the last time I played it, and haven't looked back.

And it all started in the early 90's when I first got my hands on EC92 :cool:

I mean, I've never played FIFA, and I don't exactly consider it a key title for PC gaming. Sports games in general are really more of a console thing, at least from my experience. That said, IMHO this is the wrong approach.

PC gaming has always sought to be ahead of the curve and demonstrate what is possible with high end hardware, with quality settings to disable things to allow it to run on lower end hardware.

Catering to the bottom barrel specs is not the way. If they are going to do that, why not just release the previous gen console versions for this gen of consoles?

I mean, I've never played FIFA, and I don't exactly consider it a key title for PC gaming. Sports games in general are really more of a console thing, at least from my experience. That said, IMHO this is the wrong approach.

PC gaming has always sought to be ahead of the curve and demonstrate what is possible with high end hardware, with quality settings to disable things to allow it to run on lower end hardware.

Catering to the bottom barrel specs is not the way. If they are going to do that, why not just release the previous gen console versions for this gen of consoles?
Because then they couldn't up-charge you for the "upgrade." They didn't do that with FIFA, but many of the large publishers are.

I think this is pretty much exactly what is happening on the PS5 side with devs giving away the PS5 version without requiring repurchase. It may get a small bump just so that it isn’t running in the backwards compatibility layer, but that’s about it.

I think many of the biggest cross-generation titles on PS are planning on requiring repurchase for the next generation edition. Unfortunately.

The XB side I don’t think is the same way at all - the API there is a bit more robust with respect to forward compatibility, and I think MS requires something about not charging dorforward compatibility in their licensing terms.

Become a Patron!
Back