Forspoken Is the First Gaming Title to Receive AMD FSR3 with Frame Generation Via Latest Patch

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Forspoken is the first gaming title to get frame generation using the latest version of AMD's FidelityFX Super Resolution technology. It had been announced in August that Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum would be the first titles to get FSR3 and today Square Enix has rolled its patch updating its open-world RPG. FSR3 brings frame generation technology without proprietary hardware via HLSL coding and is performed in an asynchronous compute for improved efficiency. Owners of AMD Radeon RX 7000 series graphics cards can use Anti-Lag+ to reduce latency which is usually associated with frame generation techniques.

See full article...

I'm sure the two people still playing the game will be extremely happy :LOL:

It's daily peak player count has been consistently dipping into double digit territory for a while.

Anything to try to goose a few more sales out of this. They keep adding whatever the latest buzzword tech is in a vain effort to try to keep it relevant.

Why are they spending so much time and money on such a sub-par title? None of what they are doing address the core issues of the game and it's unlikely it will bring in many, if any, new players. Especially considering recent and upcoming releases. Ain't no one got time for this ****!

NVIDIA has their showcase game for tech features, AMD has theirs /shrug

This kind of thing is not new, every game generation there's one game that seems to showcase all the new vendor tech, I've seen it before over the course of history.

But can it play crysis?

For all the advancements in games... that one game was a real leap. I need to load it up again to see if my glasses are rose colored.

But can it play crysis?

For all the advancements in games... that one game was a real leap. I need to load it up again to see if my glasses are rose colored.
Crysis 1/Warhead and Crysis 3 are still extremely impressive (talking about the originals not the remasters). I went through 1 and Warhead again a few years ago (using my GOG copies that I paid $5 each for). The games are extremely engine-limited and don't really scale with today's hardware, but they still run great.

As for gameplay, I don't usually care for the parts of Crysis 1 after the island gets frozen. Whenever I replay the game, I usually stop there. Warhead is short and sweet, a bit more action-focused, and the ride doesn't last long, so no reason not to just blast through the whole thing whenever I re-play it. I wonder why it didn't get the remaster treatment. I'm not interested in any of the other remasters cuz they used the old console versions of Crysis 1 and 2 as a base, rather than the PC versions. Crysis 3 didn't even need a remaster.

I will say that the Remasters of Crysis 1 and 2 are impressive on PC in terms of RT and textures. There are significant improvements for each but they are demanding on hardware. Just to add there were a number of crash points in the 2nd that I used to have to deal with that went away in the remaster (usually during some of the loading screens). I agree though, the third was a wash.

As for gameplay, I don't usually care for the parts of Crysis 1 after the island gets frozen. Whenever I replay the game, I usually stop there.
I totally agree. I've lost track of how many times I've started a game only to stop shortly after there.

Become a Patron!
Back