Fortnite Pro Player Banned from Twitch

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Fortnite-1024x576.jpg

Well you gotta watch who you stream with. Twitch has banned multiple Fortnite pro players for streaming with someone who’s already been banned from Twitch. Legit Reviews has reported that Fortnite pro player, Cody Clix Conrod, received his 7 day suspension for streaming with, already permanently banned, player Zayn.

Evidently Twitch has been coming down on a number of players for not following the rules recently. They also gave a 3 day suspension to another pro player in as many days and both of them for involving Zayn in their streams. Both players also had Zayn muted but Twitch doesn’t consider that compliant with its rules regarding permanently banned players.

Ok so I'm confused.

When we say Pro player here.... what exactly does that mean? Is there a professional eSports league (like with LoL or Overwatch) for Fortnite?

Or is this just people monetizing on Twitch and calling themselves Pro because of that?

Regardless of the confusion - can totally understand Twitch banning people that include people who are banned, otherwise it's just a loophole to get around a ban.

Ok so I'm confused.

When we say Pro player here.... what exactly does that mean? Is there a professional eSports league (like with LoL or Overwatch) for Fortnite?

Or is this just people monetizing on Twitch and calling themselves Pro because of that?

Regardless of the confusion - can totally understand Twitch banning people that include people who are banned, otherwise it's just a loophole to get around a ban.

There are competitive Fortnite leagues. Just like PUBG, LoL, Overwatch, CS:GO, etc.

Ok so I'm confused.

"Pro" players are mainly Twitch and YouTube streamers. They do compete in competitive events but the bulk of their revenue comes from steaming Fortnite and most of them are exactly what you think they'd be.... Skinny, nerdy girly men in their parents basements.

I tend not to feel too sorry for these streamers. All they've really done the last year is bitch and whine about how bad the game is and how lousy a company Epic is. It got real bad a few months ago with literally every video on YouTube was nothing but hate on Epic mostly for not "listening to them" and coming off like Fortnite owes all its success to streamers which is laughable because the game was already a phenomenon long before the steamers started riding its coattails.

"Pro" players are mainly Twitch and YouTube streamers. They do compete in competitive events but the bulk of their revenue comes from steaming Fortnite and most of them are exactly what you think they'd be.... Skinny, nerdy girly men in their parents basements.

I tend not to feel too sorry for these streamers. All they've really done the last year is bitch and whine about how bad the game is and how lousy a company Epic is. It got real bad a few months ago with literally every video on YouTube was nothing but hate on Epic mostly for not "listening to them" and coming off like Fortnite owes all its success to streamers which is laughable because the game was already a phenomenon long before the steamers started riding its coattails.
Thanks for the clarification. I admit, not my kind of game or thing so I didn't have a clearer answer to what Pro meant in regards t Fortnite. Reported on it because I thought the story was interesting.

Thanks for the clarification. I admit, not my kind of game or thing so I didn't have a clearer answer to what Pro meant in regards t Fortnite. Reported on it because I thought the story was interesting.

I actually play and like the game for some reason which is odd because I generally don't like multi-player games but for whatever reason I enjoy Fortnite.

And plus my 10 year old kid and his friends live for the game so I try to stay up on it to keep up with what he's doing.

Become a Patron!
Back