Frogwares Asks People Not to Buy The Sinking City on Steam

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
the-sinking-city-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Frogwares

The Sinking City developer Frogwares has issued a statement asking people not to buy the game on Steam. This may seem strange, but there’s a reason to avoid buying the Steam version of the Lovecraftian-inspired horror game.

Frogwares has not created the version of @thesinkingcity that is today on sale on @Steam. We do not recommend the purchase of this version. More news soon.— Frogwares (@Frogwares) February 26, 2021

The Sinking City has been at the root of a legal battle between Frogwares and Bigben Interactive (Nacon). It all started a couple of...

Continue reading...

It's not a nice move to involve the audience in their legal disagreement. Especially if you are being cryptic about it. That just rubs me the wrong way. Even if they are right, this is not the way.

While I appreciate lovcraftian horror... I'm kinda Meh on this game. Never knew about it really until the legal battels.

I was always curious about it. Sherlock Holmes-The Awakened was one of the first games I got, when I got back into PC gaming and it was developed by Frogwares. It was pretty neat to see him take on the whole C'thulu angle. I do recommend that game still.

Meanwhile, the whole drama between these two entities makes a bad divorce look like an afternoon picnic. I've heard about it off and on for a while now but while researching this story I was pretty shocked how involved it has gotten, and all the ways they each are taking jabs at each other.

Become a Patron!
Back