FSP Launches HYDRO Ti PRO Series 80 Plus Titanium ATX 3.0 PCIe 5.0 Power Supplies

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
FSP launches HYDRO Ti PRO series power supplies with the release of 850W and 1000W models for $299 and $349 respectively. Both models fully modular and are rated 80 Plus Platinum to provide 94% efficiency when at 50% load and meet ATX 3.0 specifications and are PCIe 5.0 ready with a 12VHPWR connector. Another feature of the HYDRO Ti PRO line is its use of 450V, 105°C Japanese bulk capacitors, and Japanese electrolytic capacitors with OCP, OVP, OPP, SCP, and OTP protection. Cooling is achieved via a 135mm fluid dynamic bearing (FDB) fan with a semi-fanless control switch. Dimensions for both are 150 mm × 150 mm × 86 mm allowing easier installation in smaller cases and a single +12V rail enables 100% power for demanding graphics cards.

See full article...

The Hydro name threw me off a little.

I was remembering the "Water cooled PSU" that was on the market like 15 years ago. I forget which brand.

Cost seems high. Better be a big reason to buy one over a Seasonic.

FSP is supposedly one of the higher quality PSU's, but so is Seasonic. (Or Seasoning as my phone likes to correct it to)

My go to brand tends to be Seasonic. I have no personal experience with FSP. I'd consider them if I needed a PSU, but not if they are much more expensive than the equivalent Seasonic.

Last edited:
FSP is supposedly one of the higher quality PSU's, but so is Seasonic. (Or Seasoning as my phone likes to correct it to)

My go to brand tends to be Seasonic. I have no personal experience with FSP. I'd consider them if I needed a PSU, but not if they are much more expe si e than the equivalent Seasonic.
In the recent market - you would, if you couldn't find a Seasonic in stock anywhere. Which is what is driving a lot of these ridiculous prices

In the recent market - you would, if you couldn't find a Seasonic in stock anywhere. Which is what is driving a lot of these ridiculous prices

I thought the shortages were over by now?

I haven't shopped for a PSU in a while though. Are they really still in right supply?

My go to brand tends to be Seasonic. I have no personal experience with FSP. I'd consider them if I needed a PSU, but not if they are much more expe si e than the equivalent Seasonic.
Honestly, I've never heard of FSP before this post. Maybe they're more of an OEM builder for companies like Corsair and such?

Note the platinum rating. That's a large reason for a higher cost. And I fully support that. Glad to see new higher rating power supplies coming out.

Honestly, I've never heard of FSP before this post. Maybe they're more of an OEM builder for companies like Corsair and such?

My understanding is that there are only three top tier PSU manufacturers:

- Seasonic
- FSP
- Superflower

Everything that is of good quality on the market is manufactured by one of these three and rebranded.

Enermax used to be on this list, but they haven't had their own manufacturing for almost 15 years now I think.

I'm in the same boat, I've honestly never heard of them before (obviously heard of Superflower + the rebranding of their units, and Seasonic though). Availability seems to be in their favor, and a number of folks on [H] are saying they're happy with them.

Maybe I'm just plain out of the loop, but I've honestly never heard of FSP directly until now.

That's what I'm eyeballing for my 7800x3D rebuild + a future graphics card (where most of my concern lies).

EDIT: what I'm getting at is should I have any qualms about buying an FSP unit?

Last edited:
EDIT: what I'm getting at is should I have any qualms about buying an FSP unit?
They are generally considered one of the best. Most people haven't heard of them due to a lack of advertising but the fact they've been doing it for over twenty years without a major ad campaign says a lot. We do have some reviews here by Paul for some of their PSUs.

There was another FSP Hydro review here a few months back, and I pretty much said the same thing at the time that Zath did. That was the first time I had heard of them. Might be one of those companies that primarily does first-party sales in Asia and only white labels for other OEMs here in the States/Europe.

When it comes to PSUs, it's extremely hard for me to buy any other brands when Seasonic exists.
This was my exact sentiment! But when browsing Newegg, it seems like they're the only available ATX 3.0 Compatible offering (when browsing In-Stock only). The Seasonic Vertex honestly would have been my front runner, but they're no where to be found atm...

They are generally considered one of the best. Most people haven't heard of them due to a lack of advertising but the fact they've been doing it for over twenty years without a major ad campaign says a lot. We do have some reviews here by Paul for some of their PSUs.
Appreciate the info Peter, and thanks for linking to the history page as well. They've certainly been under the radar for many of us by the sound of things, but I'll give them a shot! Availability speaks loudly in my situation. Unless that Vertex comes back in stock tomorrow, I think I have my answer.

There was another FSP Hydro review here a few months back, and I pretty much said the same thing at the time that Zath did. That was the first time I had heard of them. Might be one of those companies that primarily does first-party sales in Asia and only white labels for other OEMs here in the States/Europe.

Glad to hear I am not alone here! Must be the case on the Asia-front, but hey, I'd rather be late to the party then not invited at all :)

Become a Patron!
Back