Furiosa and Garfield Lead a Disappointing Memorial Day Weekend Box Office

I almost forgot that Furiosa is streaming on Max today. Actually looking forward to watching it tonight. I read a review and talked to some friends who saw it in the theater and both state how the ads didn't really do it justice and that it's better than it looks. I'll find out tonight.

wtf, no Bill Murray as Garfield? Why even bother.
A lot of people identify Bill Murray as the voice actor who played Garfield for most of their lives. However, this isn't the case. The character was actually voiced by Lorenzo Music who played the character from 1982-2001. Ironically, he sounds almost exactly like Bill Murray. Lorenzo Music would even voice Bill Murray's character of Peter Venkman in the Real Ghostbusters animated series. Again, often leading people to think Bill Murray actually voiced the character himself.

Bill Murray only voiced the character between 2004 and 2006.

A lot of people identify Bill Murray as the voice actor who played Garfield for most of their lives. However, this isn't the case. The character was actually voiced by Lorenzo Music who played the character from 1982-2001. Ironically, he sounds almost exactly like Bill Murray. Lorenzo Music would even voice Bill Murray's character of Peter Venkman in the Real Ghostbusters animated series. Again, often leading people to think Bill Murray actually voiced the character himself.

Bill Murray only voiced the character between 2004 and 2006.
I did not know that!

I didn't know that either and Real Ghostbusters is still one of may favorite cartoons that I'll occasionally watch here and there. I did know they weren't the original actors but not the part about Garfield. So many awesome stories in that show that would've been better than any of the sequels. Sure the last two seasons sucked but the first two are pretty incredible.

So we watched it last weekend and we both liked it. Yeah, whoever did the ad campaign for Furiosa was either clueless or wanted the movie to bomb because the ads I saw totally misrepresented it. They made Hemsworth look like some kind of goofy clown, which given For love or Thunder I might get, but his role here was totally different. The ads also completely overplayed Ana's part as she doesn't even take over the role until about halfway into the movie and even then she barely even has any dialogue. I had a few minor complaints but not even worth mentioning because I understand what Romero was trying to do here and I liked it. It reminded me a lot of the first two movies, and dug the little easter egg for the Mad Max game.

Become a Patron!
Back