G.SKILL Announces Ultra Low-Latency DDR5-6600 CL34 Memory Kit

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
G.SKILL today announced its ultra low-latency DDR5-6600 CL34 memory with CL34-40-40-105 timings, silver or black heat spreader, and a strip of RGB lighting on top. The kit comprises 2x 16 GB modules and is planned for release in May.

Go to post

Tried the DDR5 route with my Alder Lake. After having some errors with the memory I went back to DDR4. No noticeable difference in performance. This memory will hardly be a noticeable difference as well IMO.

Why not go gddr for the standard? Other than being faster , does the g change anything else that wouldn't make it suitable?. Also I think its time for AMD and Intel to consider hmb versions of their cpus in different gb versions. Allow it to be pool able with ddr5 or if this is not possible, then so it can be disabled if someone wants to get more external memory ( say you got a budget cpu with 4gb then changed your mind for more) . these offerings would be on top of normal cpus of course.
This feels like complete bs, the tech is there to in fact make a cpu with hbm, and a powerful gpu on it too in fact... All in one big multiple module packaging... I would bet my left nut, this wouldn't even be hard. Rd costs next to zero. Whatever it costs to produce, it is what it is. It will sell. It will sell period. Instead we will put up with crap memory modules and all kinds of weird gremlins. Ddr5 will be worth buying and all worked out in 2026. Intel will get it right in 2024 , AMD almost there in 2026.

Why not go gddr for the standard? Other than being faster , does the g change anything else that wouldn't make it suitable?. Also I think its time for AMD and Intel to consider hmb versions of their cpus in different gb versions. Allow it to be pool able with ddr5 or if this is not possible, then so it can be disabled if someone wants to get more external memory ( say you got a budget cpu with 4gb then changed your mind for more) . these offerings would be on top of normal cpus of course.
This feels like complete bs, the tech is there to in fact make a cpu with hbm, and a powerful gpu on it too in fact... All in one big multiple module packaging... I would bet my left nut, this wouldn't even be hard. Rd costs next to zero. Whatever it costs to produce, it is what it is. It will sell. It will sell period. Instead we will put up with crap memory modules and all kinds of weird gremlins. Ddr5 will be worth buying and all worked out in 2026. Intel will get it right in 2024 , AMD almost there in 2026.
It almost feels like the industry is moving in that direction. I mean, with all the shared memory options AMD, Intel, and NVIDIA, have been toying with ever since the launch of the PS5 there seems to be an identified optimization goal happening. I've been wondering about why not use the GDDR standard as well but it's not something I'm well versed on.

That's ultra low latency? Wtf?
That's something I've noticed with a lot of modules ever since we left DDR3. Sure the frequencies are going through the roof but the CL numbers seem to be also, but again, complete memory timing details are not something I've ever totally understood.

Tried the DDR5 route with my Alder Lake. After having some errors with the memory I went back to DDR4. No noticeable difference in performance. This memory will hardly be a noticeable difference as well IMO.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that @Dan_D has essentially said DDR5 needs more time. Perhaps in another year, or less, we'll see some better performance numbers from it. On the plus side, at least there are options for running one or the other for Alder Lake.

That's ultra low latency? Wtf?
It actually is - not that I can tell you why, DDR5 is even more of a mystery when it comes to timings. Folks are hitting <50ns with DDR5, which is in the same ballpark as the fastest DDR4, while also achieving double the bandwidth.

That is, those that have motherboards designed to run memory at "higher" speeds, which at this stage is DDR5 6000+. They're also hand binning CPUs for better memory controllers as well as memory kits themselves, and in some cases also the motherboards. Not a cheap proposition.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that @Dan_D has essentially said DDR5 needs more time.
All around, yes. We may not see higher DDR5 speeds stabilizing until Rocket Lake (13th gen), it may take the next round of motherboards (likely Z790), and it may take future bins of DDR5 too.

That all said, this stuff improves by the month with new BIOS releases.

Become a Patron!
Back