GameSir Launches G7 SE Wired Xbox Controller with Anti-Drift Sticks

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
GameSir has announced that its G7 SE licensed Xbox controller is now available for purchase for £49.99/$44.99/€59.99 from Amazon US, UK, and Europe stores, as well as its official website. Compatible with Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Windows 10/11 PCs, the controller's headlining feature appears to be its "Hall Effect" sticks, which include anti-drift technologies and can last for up to 5 million cycles, according to marketing materials. Bundle options that include a black or white faceplate are also available for this wired controller.

See full article...

I'd be interested in these if they were wireless as two of my rigs are about 10-20 feet away and since I don't do competitive gaming or play games needing those extra millisecond response times I'm plenty happy with wireless. Recently an MS Xbox X|S Bluetooth controller crapped out on me with the Z-axis never staying centered and causing any game camera to pull up to the sky. I barely had it for three years and it started happening a couple of months back so I've retired it. Meanwhile still using 360-based wireless controllers that have some drift but not as bad as that and I've been using them for around 5-10 years. I'll probably treat myself to a new controller soon but still pretty disappointed in the X|S one. I always thought it felt a little weaker than the 360 ones and now I know it wasn't just a feeling.

I'd be interested in these if they were wireless as two of my rigs are about 10-20 feet away and since I don't do competitive gaming or play games needing those extra millisecond response times I'm plenty happy with wireless. Recently an MS Xbox X|S Bluetooth controller crapped out on me with the Z-axis never staying centered and causing any game camera to pull up to the sky. I barely had it for three years and it started happening a couple of months back so I've retired it. Meanwhile still using 360-based wireless controllers that have some drift but not as bad as that and I've been using them for around 5-10 years. I'll probably treat myself to a new controller soon but still pretty disappointed in the X|S one. I always thought it felt a little weaker than the 360 ones and now I know it wasn't just a feeling.
X360 controllers were Microsoft's best controllers hands-down. XB1 early-revision controllers (the ones before Bluetooth) were especially sh1tty. The DPads failed on both of mine, and one of them came with a faulty "Start" button right out the gate. The shoulder buttons on those things didn't last. My friend had to replace a shoulder button on his. My XBSX controller got sticky triggers, but I handled that ( ). My friend said the left analog stick on his XBSX controller is f*cking up. I think I recall him saying it was getting stuck, or wasn't centering right, or something. I forget exactly what he said. But yeah neither of us have had the XBSX controllers for too long, so sad they also seem to be crapping out. Seems the earlier revisions of any new Microsoft controller don't tend to last, but by the end of the generations those controllers were introduced in, they get a lot better. I haven't had any issues with my final-revision XB1 controller (the ones with Bluetooth and better shoulder buttons). I didn't get to use it anywhere near as much as my earlier XB1 controllers though. Not to mention when I got the XBSX controller as a gift (a friend bought two by accident and gave me the spare), I stopped using XB1 controllers entirely. The only reason I don't still use my X360 controllers is cuz they all have a f*ckton of hours on them, and the analog sticks have worn down. I do have one pristine wired X360 controller that I barely use, which I bought towards the end of the X360 controller run. I use it whenever I jump on my X360. But on PC I had moved on to the XB1 then XBSX controllers. X360 controller feels better than all of them.

I have friends that use DualSense controller on PC. I haven't spent a lot of time with those controllers. I don't have one myself, and I couldn't stand any of the DualShock family controllers, or the two PS1 controllers before the DualShock 1. DualSense seems to be decently better than all of them though. I might try borrowing one when I play R&C: Rift Apart, and also see how Spider-Man Remastered uses it.

Switch Pro Controller and Wii U Pro Controller are both very good controllers, and I use them on PC as well, from time to time. Depends on the game. I even use the Wii U Pro Controller on PS3 since I can't stand DualShock 3s.

I have friends that use DualSense controller on PC. I haven't spent a lot of time with those controllers. I don't have one myself, and I couldn't stand any of the DualShock family controllers, or the two PS1 controllers before the DualShock 1. DualSense seems to be decently better than all of them though. I might try borrowing one when I play R&C: Rift Apart, and also see how Spider-Man Remastered uses it.
I'll be interested in hearing about it if you're able to try it. I have a PS3 BT controller that I go way back when and it worked but the trick was that I had to download Sony's BT driver which completely overwrote the MS one. That also meant when I wanted to use any regular BT mice/kb I had to then reinstall the original driver so it was a PIA to work with but it did work. The other catch was having to map everything because x-input or whatever they call it these days didn't sync with it. At this point, other than lasting for a bit, I just want something that works w/o having to do custom configs to get it running.

Become a Patron!
Back