GameStop Begins Selling NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Cards and Other PC Gaming Hardware

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gamestop-logo.jpg
Image: GameStop

GameStop is no longer limiting its physical and virtual shelves to video games, consoles, accessories, collectibles, and strategy guides. As indicated by its latest weekly flyer, the struggling retail chain has begun selling various PC hardware ranging from keyboards and monitors to headsets and graphics cards. GameStop CEO George Sherman confirmed the new offerings in a recent earnings call, noting that they were part of a series of initiatives for driving customer lifetime value.

“We are continuing the work to expand our addressable market by growing GameStop’s product catalog,” Sherman explained. “This includes growing our product...

Continue reading...

I think this is a good move for Gamestop. And I welcome another local vendor of PC hardware since Fry's bit the dust. But only if the prices are in line with other vendors, net or physical.

Yea the demise of frys and compusa and circuit city and electronics boutique are the big reasons this could work.

If microcenter could have the inventory and stock to grow to more locations organicly that could kill this though.

This isn't the first time Gamestop carried computer components. This is just the first time they have the ability to be successful with it.

If I can trade in a stack of Xbox and ps4 games to get a 3080... I might do that.

Honestly this is a needed move for them. If they could compete even some what here then maybe they have a fighting chance in the future. It will be an uphill fight but they might be able to get it done.

I think it might work for them in areas where there are no Micro Center's.

I think it might work for them in areas where there are no Micro Center's.
Yeah, like where I live. I hope it works for them. Definitely has the potential to revive them after years of looking like the walking dead.

Yeah, like where I live. I hope it works for them. Definitely has the potential to revive them after years of looking like the walking dead.

That being said, where do they plan on getting inventory? It's one thing to say "We're selling PC hardware now!" and another to actually have it in stock at all of their retail locations.

Become a Patron!
Back