German Power Company Is Selling Monthly Flat-Rate Plans Aimed at Gamers and Power-Hungry PCs

Peter_Brosdahl

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 28, 2019
Messages
11,167
Reaction score
7,938
It’s no secret that the cost of a high-end gaming setup, or one built for computationally intensive tasks, is only the beginning, as the digital mouth starts feeding from the wall socket. With a single GPU such as the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 5090 capable of pulling more than 600W, and then a CPU drawing another […]

See full article...
 
Hmm..

5,000 kwh / year really isn't all that much... I imagine most of us here are blowing well past that. I use about 1,000/month and I don't have 24 hour mining or DC projects or multi-hour gaming, or even air conditioning running.

Some states do allow you to buy wholesale power directly - but caveat emptor.
 
Hmm..

5,000 kwh / year really isn't all that much... I imagine most of us here are blowing well past that. I use about 1,000/month and I don't have 24 hour mining or DC projects or multi-hour gaming, or even air conditioning running.

Some states do allow you to buy wholesale power directly - but caveat emptor.
I saw this in Texas. Same people doing the wholesale power purchases... paying current rates for power not a negotiated rate with the middle man. And when Snowmageddon hit.... they got bills in the multiple thousands of dollars. There is something to be said for contract enforced rates.

But 5000kwh is NOT very much... 1-2k is easy to hit in a month.
 
Become a Patron!
Back
Top