Get Ready to Play Predator:Hunting Grounds, Sony Releasing PC Version Next Year!

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
predator-1024x576.jpg

Exciting times in the new year. Sony has announced that it will be releasing it’s new multiplayer shooter Predator:Hunting Grounds on April 20th, 2020. An interesting twist is in this scenario you can have four players roaming the jungle as soldiers hunting a fifth player, the predator. Or will it be the other way around?

This game was originally announced as a PS4 exclusive so it’s a bit of a surprise that Sony has now expanded the release to PC. The Alien and/or Predator franchises have had mixed success over the years but the trailer does look interesting and definitely plays off of the original movie release.

I feel like the PC gaming market has grown considerably over the past few years. Like more people are building or buying gaming PC's over a new console. And now publishers are taking notice.

I feel like the PC gaming market has grown considerably over the past few years. Like more people are building or buying gaming PC's over a new console. And now publishers are taking notice.
Yeah its nice to see the pendulum swing back. It could change again when the next gens come out but at the same time they're basically PC's at this point so the divide of console porting isn't as great as it used to be so no real reason for developers to ignore the PC market.

It's actually been this way for awhile. The PC has become hugely popular and though console sales tend to beat them in total, the PC beats either platform on its own. At times, I think PC has out performed both simultaneously. In any case, the PC gaming industry is huge right now. It's not surprising that Sony is trying to get its feet wet in the PC pool.

Become a Patron!
Back