Getting server errors on threads in the main forum area.

Are you running an add blocker or something? I've tested on multiple devices and no problem. The fact you used other browsers points me to a 3rd party app. Maybe a VPN service that's caching for you? Just shooting in the dark here man.
I don't use a VPN, I do use an adblocker but that one seems to not work correctly because as you can see on the screenshot there is an add turning up.
Is the amp site working? https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/1...lidated-for-12th-gen-alder-lake-platform/?amp

?amp will work on all news articles, still gets cached in NGINX, may kick you back to the desktop page unless you change your user agent to mobile

That does not work either, same error. Could this be location based as I'm in Europe?

I don't use a VPN, I do use an adblocker but that one seems to not work correctly because as you can see on the screenshot there is an add turning up.

That does not work either, same error. Could this be location based as I'm in Europe?

Can you try with the site whitelisted on the adblocker?

The ad plugin had a recent update with the following considerations:
  • They improved their "ad block recovery" feature that will still place ads (at a much lower revenue level, but above zero) even if you have an ad blocker on. The ads won't refresh like the ones when you don't block, but they'll still get placed. The Cafemedia publisher footer is also injected by this plugin, so it's at least partially working.
  • It's a possibility that the ad plugin is hitting you with a fire hose - I can ask, but first let's try with no ad blocker.

I dug into the WAF logs and found 2 other visitors (one from France, one from Turkey) that were also served the ?offline page that you got. I looked at the session cookie and saw for both of them "adblocker=true".

Though, I'm also seeing the offline page getting thrown quite often in the webserver logs, but I can't tell where they're coming from since it's all load balancer IPs in there...

Anything different now?

I tracked down the source of the offline errors, which appear to be getting pulled from the Progressive Web App plugin conflicting with the cache.

Still the same with more adds, I can say that the site works on my phone which is on wifi but the same internet connection as my pc, going to check a different pc.

Tried with a different PC that has never been on the sire, it wont even load on that one.

No idea what happened but for now it seems to work again 🥳

Getting slow reponse and server timeouts - about 4:15 PM Pacific

Chrome Dev Tools reports this:

GET https://forums.thefpsreview.com/thr...less-controller-and-xbox-stereo-headset.6933/ 504 (Gateway Time-out)

Yeah.... the whole front page server is wobbling and I can't figure it out. Exacerbated by Brent's 5800X review getting pickedup by google discover (yay, first big one this year!).

Seems that PHP stops responding and the site only serves cached pages at that point.

Yeah.... the whole front page server is wobbling and I can't figure it out. Exacerbated by Brent's 5800X review getting pickedup by google discover (yay, first big one this year!).

Seems that PHP stops responding and the site only serves cached pages at that point.
I can think of worse problems. Congrats on the pickup - feed the gerbils and keep it running

I can think of worse problems. Congrats on the pickup - feed the gerbils and keep it running
I may have found it... And it may also explain other errors that have been intermittent - data aae was sending a gigabyte or two to the webserver for some reason or another. Disabled a database optimization feature and rebooted the DB... Traffic dropped off. Hoping it stays off!

Become a Patron!
Back