Ghostwire: Tokyo Adds Denuvo DRM Nearly a Year After Release

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Ghostwire: Tokyo players have discovered that the first-person action game from Tango Gameworks now features Denuvo Anti-Tamper. The DRM's inclusion has seemingly been confirmed by an update to Ghostwire: Tokyo's executable, which now features a much larger file size, as documented on SteamDB, and while Bethesda hasn't referenced Denuvo anywhere, many players have called the DRM's addition surprising and pointless, being that the game came out nearly a year ago, on March 25, 2022, for PC and PS5. Denuvo is typically implemented by developers to counter piracy during a game's release, but it's unclear why Bethesda decided to add DRM to Ghostwire: Tokyo so late. In any case, The Spider's Thread, a new game mode for Ghostwire: Tokyo that features more side missions, new enemies, and more, is available now as part of the game's debut on Xbox Series X|S consoles, as well as Game Pass.

See full article...

I got this game with one of my 3090Ti's and played it for a bit. It was beautiful and I put about 6-8 hours into it but got bored after that and haven't gone back. This doesn't inspire to want to either. I've read decent reviews about the added content but it's a shame they decided to go this route now.

Become a Patron!
Back