GIGABYTE Reveals 48-Inch AORUS 4K HDMI 2.1 OLED Monitor

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
gigabyte-aorus-4k-pro-gaming-on-1024x576.jpg

GIGABYTE has announced its new lineup of 4K “tactical” gaming monitors, which comprises the 32-inch FI32U, 43-inch FV43U, and 48-inch FO48U. The last model is probably the highlight of the bunch, as it leverages a big and beautiful OLED panel with refresh rates of up to 120 Hz and a super-fast response time. GIGABYTE hasn’t shared the complete specifications for its new range of gaming monitors yet, but the FI32U and FV43U have received DisplayHDR 1000 certification from VESA. All of these displays also sport HDMI 2.1 connectivity to enable the latest, next-gen gaming features.

[…] these monitors carry AORUS’s proud tactical DNA...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time someone in a marketing team uses the word "tactical" for anything not military or law enforcement related, they should be punched.
...and most of those times too.

'Tactical' should mean 'range of utility reduced in order to optimize for a very specific violent situation'.

Not being painted a shade of dried dog-poop brown. Or being a 'gaming' anything.

Anyway, got to wonder what Gigabyte is doing to make this a 'monitor', aside from cutting off the DTV tuner and perhaps pruning the menus / processing.

That could all definitely be a plus if things like desktop mounting are improved and cost goes down, but I'm not really holding my breath here. I don't even really understand why LG is selling OLED panels to these companies rather than just selling the TVs / monitors themselves?

...and most of those times too.

'Tactical' should mean 'range of utility reduced in order to optimize for a very specific violent situation'.

Not being painted a shade of dried dog-poop brown. Or being a 'gaming' anything.

Proper use of the word tactical in marketing:
HK USP Tactical - Denotes HK Universal Self-Loading Pistol, tactical model. The tactical model includes suppressor height night sights and a threaded barrel to accept a suppressor. Segregates it from other models such as the Expert, standard or compact models.

Improper use of the word tactical:
4K Tactical Gaming Monitor - 4K - Yes. Tactical? No.

That 32" 144hz monitor could be promising. Been looking for a 32", 120hz+ monitor for a while. If it's VESA Display HDR1000 certified, That would likely denote VA or IPS panel?

That 32" 144hz monitor could be promising. Been looking for a 32", 120hz+ monitor for a while. If it's VESA Display HDR1000 certified, That would likely denote VA or IPS panel?
I think the l, V, and O in the model Name tell you the panel type

Almost certainly VA... and if it's not Samsung, well, you probably don't want it.

I just replaced a 32" 1440p VA with a 38" IPS, because the VA was worse than the 27" IPS it replaced.

All for Gigabyte announcing these but it'll be even nicer when they're out in the wild. Starting to feel like all the GPU announcements. You hear about them but never see them.

edit:

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/04/01/gigabyte-unveils-new-aorus-gaming-monitors/

It's hard to get excited about monitor announcements. The vast majority of them are disappointing spec wise. Too small, too slow, missing features I want. The ones that do seem interesting don't actually become available until long after I've forgotten about their existence.

It's hard to get excited about monitor announcements. The vast majority of them are disappointing spec wise. Too small, too slow, missing features I want. The ones that do seem interesting don't actually become available until long after I've forgotten about their existence.
Seems like nobody but Acer and ASUS are bothering with FALD in their monitors. I was hoping more would get in so the prices could come down. Hopefully we'll see smaller and smaller OLED panels coming out at an affordable price.

Seems like nobody but Acer and ASUS are bothering with FALD in their monitors. I was hoping more would get in so the prices could come down. Hopefully we'll see smaller and smaller OLED panels coming out at an affordable price.
Bigger issue is that no one is really trying very hard. Outside of 'budget gaming' monitors, I have to assume that units shipped is a few orders of magnitude lower.

It seems like a really unattractive market outside of those companies trying to build a bit of name recognition for follow-on sales.

All for Gigabyte announcing these but it'll be even nicer when they're out in the wild. Starting to feel like all the GPU announcements. You hear about them but never see them.

edit:

https://www.thefpsreview.com/2021/04/01/gigabyte-unveils-new-aorus-gaming-monitors/

Gigabyte is slow getting some tech out it seems, at least on the monitor end of things. I was looking forward to their monitors last announcement and never seen them come out so ended up going in a different direction, and then I seen months later they finally came out.

Become a Patron!
Back