Google’s Stadia Could Have Free Version Soon

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Googe-Stadia-2020-1024x576.png
Image: Google

Google’s is looking to expand its streaming game service in 2020. They announced plans in the beginning of the year to add over 120 games in the next twelve months. Along with those additional features are also in the works. Vice president and general manager Phil Harrison for Google has indicated to Protocol a free option coming soon.

“The big strategic difference is that over the next few months you will be able to experience Stadia for free”

He goes on to explain it will be a no money down, no specialized hardware, simply click and play experience. Presently if you’re not using a computer the only other option is thru Pixel Phones or with a Chromecast dongle. The...

Continue reading...

Not much of a choice now that Nvidia released their service.

Free version of what? Paid games?
Be free to pay... Makes coporate sense.

Does anyone care? Google will cancel the product in a couple fo years anyway, like everything else they do other than Gmail.

Does anyone care? Google will cancel the product in a couple fo years anyway, like everything else they do other than Gmail.
Entirely possible but the potential market income from this is pretty big. If they can overcome the obvious cons to the service it could grow enormously.

I don't personally want something like this but I am curious about how its rolling out. I enjoy 'ownership' of a game and all the rewards of building my rigs to get the best out of them but I can easily see how these services may eventually bring that experience to those who don't share that passion or skill.

Become a Patron!
Back