GTA V Update 1.64 Released, Adds New Content and Stories, but Ray Traced Reflections Are Only Added For Next-Gen Consoles

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Now it appears that Rockstar games are adding ray-traced reflections to the game but continue to leave the PC community out with these increasingly common features found in modern AAA, and even some Indie, games.

See full article...

Although it is not specified but I assume these are all GTA Online content, not accessible in SP, right?

Although it is not specified but I assume these are all GTA Online content, not accessible in SP, right?
Yeah, I think so. I couldn't really find anything that truly indicated SP. MP is kind of their bread and butter anymore. I half expect a 10-minute SP campaign in GTA VI followed by more online crap than we can imagine.

I never got around to playing my free copy of GTA5, and I probably won't any time soon.

Yeah, I think so. I couldn't really find anything that truly indicated SP. MP is kind of their bread and butter anymore. I half expect a 10-minute SP campaign in GTA VI followed by more online crap than we can imagine.
I tried GTA Online for about 15 minutes before getting out of there, I don't have the patience to share the game world with idiots. And the whole thing is designed to make solo play very hard or impossible. I never liked GTAV that much, completed the campaign once and that was that.

I went through the campaign on X360 when I borrowed it from a friend. Grabbed a community demo of the PC version a few years later and went through most of the single-player campaign again, but at that point I was too GTA'd out and I never finished that second run. I tried GTA Online for a little bit, didn't care for it at all. I've only ever liked three GTA games anyways (Vice City, San Andreas, and 5), and I'm not crazy about them. I certainly don't play them for multiplayer shenanigans.

...I don't have the patience to share the game world with idiots.
Yyyeeeaaahhh.

I want a private GTAV server for casual playing adults not interested in being idiots. Does such a thing exist?

I've played all GTA games.

GTA - it was an unique curiosity, but never finished it, just rampaged in it randomly most of the time for fun.
GTA2 - Seemed like two steps back from the first, I really hated it at the time.
GTAIII - Was a 3D revolution, I was torn between Driver and this, liked the more realistic approach of Driver, but GTA was just more fun.
Vice City - Setting wise probably my favorite, the most fun game of the series, I really love the 80s vibes, especially the soundtrack.
San Andreas - I liked the gang warfare and the taking of territories, the car customization, but the story fell flat for me.
GTA IV - Unpopular opinion, but this is my favorite GTA, it is a huge leap in graphics and gameplay, I played the crap out of this, finishing it multiple times, and just playing it for the sake of it for hundreds of hours having unlimited fun. Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and the Damned had the best campaigns of the series.
GTA V - I didn't like the switcharoo between multiple characters, this way I couldn't feel that I owned any of them. And except for Franklin they were giant pricks too, so that made the campaign disconnected for me, I didn't really care for succeeding. And despite the giant world, It felt empty, I want the good old side activities back from older games.

I want a private GTAV server for casual playing adults not interested in being idiots. Does such a thing exist?
I'm sure it exists, but I'm not interested in multiplayer in general, I just want to start a game and play at my own pace and leisure. I don't care for having to accommodate for others. Back in the early 2000s when I played multiplayer the hardest part was arranging the time so it was good for everybody, and some people still wouldn't show up. Worse what if I'm not in the mood to play at the pre-arranged time? Multiplayer was more trouble than fun.

Become a Patron!
Back