HBO Max Gets a Price Hike Ahead of The Last of Us

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
HBO Max is getting a little more expensive. Effective Thursday, January 12 (i.e., immediately), the price of a new HBO Max ad-free monthly subscription will cost $15.99, a $1 increase over the streamer's previous $14.99 pricing. This marks HBO Max's first price increase, something that the company says will enable better programming and an improved experience for users.

See full article...

So.many things in the store going up by 20+℅ . Many things have doubled. Lucky food is still similar. That said, everyone seems to just randomly spit out prices and increases like a joke. Hbo shoukd have gone for 3dollars extra.

So.many things in the store going up by 20+℅ . Many things have doubled. Lucky food is still similar. That said, everyone seems to just randomly spit out prices and increases like a joke. Hbo shoukd have gone for 3dollars extra.
As soon as I start having to pay for HBO max I'll cancel it. Only reason I have it is that it's free with my ATT phone plan.

As soon as I start having to pay for HBO max I'll cancel it. Only reason I have it is that it's free with my ATT phone plan.

I'm waiting for that shoe to drop myself - I have it through gigabit fiber, and I figure the deal will only last so long with it being sold off to Discovery...

Yeah, i know, that is sickening, however im thinking more meat and produce. Honestly I think government is subsidizing under the table.
I almost never read books anymore since most of my reading time is spent reading news, databases, and tech-related media, and by the time that's done I'm trying to save what's left of my eyes to play games, but back in college we had to read a book called "The Omnivore's Dilemma" that I do recommend and it has a substantial amount of info regarding farming and government subsidies.

Yep, as the guy who does all the shopping for my house, and job, I'm acutely aware of these types of practices. I forgot about Consumerist. I think you told me about them years ago.
Our grocery bill has went up by about $50/wk after cutting out stuff like the good beer and meat.

Back to pressed ham, Coors, and lots of pasta.

Our grocery bill has went up by about $50/wk after cutting out stuff like the good beer and meat.

Back to pressed ham, Coors, and lots of pasta.
My scalebacks started happening when the pandemic hit and I mostly stopped going to the Microbreweries. That saved me a lot but I still get good stuff from Total Wine. Meanwhile, for meat, it's been roasts, briskets, and such since then as well and we don't really eat out except maybe Arby's or Taco Bell once every month or so.

Meanwhile, for meat, it's been roasts, briskets, and such since then as well and we don't really eat out except maybe Arby's or Taco Bell once every month or so.
Yeah eating out - we have a lot of great local places that we like to support, ours is a seasonal tourist town and if the locals don’t go over the winter they shut down for the season, or for good. So I do still eat out a bit more than I should, but we’ve cut that way back too. Used to be 2-3x a week, lately it’s been about ever other week.

All we eat is meat. Carnivore diet ftw. We go to a local butcher that sells nothing but locally raised grass fed beef, chicken and pork. Might spend $100-150 every 2 weeks. Talking strips, porterhouse, roasts, filets, pork butt's, bacon, ham steaks, sausages, brats, quartered chickens and local eggs. When you don't have to buy all those filler/side items you save a lot of money. No junk food.

I spend more on bourbon and beer in a month than I do on food. Plus we go out to eat at least once a week.

All we eat is meat. Carnivore diet ftw. We go to a local butcher that sells nothing but locally raised grass fed beef, chicken and pork. Might spend $100-150 every 2 weeks. Talking strips, porterhouse, roasts, filets, pork butt's, bacon, ham steaks, sausages, brats, quartered chickens and local eggs. When you don't have to buy all those filler/side items you save a lot of money. No junk food.

I spend more on bourbon and beer in a month than I do on food. Plus we go out to eat at least once a week.
We sound very much alike except that I don't go to a butcher but instead get Sam's fresh meats. For me, it's Scotch, and really good beer.

Vegetables are what food eats. Amiright?

We completely changed what we do for food prepandemic when we found out my youngest is allergic to egg and dairy. You can forget going out to eat or buying prepared foods with those off the table. Honestly, it’s amazing how cheap food can be when you’re basically making everything from scratch. Want pancakes? Get out the flour and sugar - and don’t forget to substitute those eggs for flax seed (which is so much cheaper than eggs).

Very suspicious. Could also be related to the new series, Velma. We should split up and look for clues. 🔍

OT: My arteries hurt just reading some of these posts. Everyone in this thread should immediately cancel their HBO Max subscription and spend the awarded free time reviewing some of the nutritional science published in the last hundred years. The effect of dietary energy restriction on maximal life span and disease seems particularly relevant in the context of price hikes. ;)

(Who says supercentenarians are too old for gaming?)

Become a Patron!
Back