Henry Cavill Builds AMD Ryzen Gaming PC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
henry-cavill-gaming-pc-1024x576.jpg
Image: Henry Cavill

Not too long ago, actor Henry Cavill – you know, Superman – casually mentioned that he was interested in building a gaming PC. Well, the mad man has actually gone ahead and done it! Cavill uploaded a video to his Instagram account today, demonstrating how he built his new, shiny AMD Ryzen system (sorry, Intel!).

The actor didn’t provide a comprehensive list of parts, but we can tell that he’s a pretty big ASUS fan – the motherboard, GPU (GeForce RTX 2080 Ti), and monitor are clearly ROG-branded items. Cavill also went with G.SKILL’s TridentZ RGB memory and a Samsung PRO NVMe M.2, putting everything into what appears to be a Define case with a glass side panel.

At the end of the video, Cavill realizes that he screwed up with the NZXT cooler and had to re-install it so it wasn’t upside down, but...

Continue reading...

I like to think he celebrated his new PC build by booting up Witcher 3 and then making sweet love to Yennifer at 4k Ultra settings...
on top a unicorn.

Not sure if he still is, but I read a while ago that he was a WoW player. With that rig he no doubt will be trying out something a little more demanding than WoW.

I like to think he celebrated his new PC build by booting up Witcher 3 and then making sweet love to Yennifer at 4k Ultra settings...
on top a unicorn.
I'd also wonder if he uses one of the newer mods that changes the model to look like him in the series?

Can't go wrong with an Asus 2080 Ti. Despite how some recent games can bear down it, I've seen my Strix OC edition, otherwise, totally crush games in performance. Even with its expense I have no regrets with that card. I guess my rig is sort of 'super', I've got a Ryzen CPU paired with it too!

That's awesome. With the lock-down we are getting more and more behind the curtain look at the stars today so they stay in the consumer mental merry go round. I admit and I watched the video. Part of me wondered why he didn't just go into the settings on the water block and change the image orientation. But that's just me. :)

Last edited:
I thought he might have gone for that new power supply design with the power distribution bar. Too bad. ;)

As I understand it, he doesn't have a lot of experience with building PC's. So, it doesn't surprise me that he kept things simple.

As I understand it, he doesn't have a lot of experience with building PC's. So, it doesn't surprise me that he kept things simple.
Yes, there was an interview where he said that he never built his own before, despite being a PC gamer most of his life. He said it's something he's wanted to do. Not a bad job for his first time. Typical small things I would expect.

He talks about wanting to build a PC at around 2:38 in this video:

Yes, there was an interview where he said that he never built his own before, despite being a PC gamer most of his life. He said it's something he's wanted to do. Not a bad job for his first time. Typical small things I would expect.

He talks about wanting to build a PC at around 2:38 in this video:

That's the very video I was thinking of when I wrote my post.

Become a Patron!
Back