Here Are the Alleged Prices for NVIDIA’s “SUPER” RTX Cards

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
NVIDIA will be announcing its new "SUPER" lineup of RTX graphics cards very soon. Earlier reports had suggested they'd be priced similarly to current models, and the latest rumors echo that.

RTX 2080 SUPER: $799
RTX 2070 SUPER: $599
RTX 2060 SUPER: $429

If these prices are correct, NVIDIA will almost certainly lower the pricing of its current, non-SUPER GPU variants.

Hopefully, NVIDIA will decide to roll out price cuts to the vanilla series and this lineup will start to make a lot more sense. Keep in mind all these cards are going to be shipped to AICs without the obligatory (vRAM + Power phase) kit that was there before. This allows AIBs to use superior power phases and vRAM and lower their own cost while increasing performance.

I was expecting the prices of the new cards to have a similar price to the current cards. I paid about $539 for my GTX 1080 when it was the top card outside of the Titan series. I laughed so hard, I almost fell out of my chain when the RTX 2070 came out with a similar price and performance more than two years later.

I thought it was dumb that after my 1080 Ti's in SLI, the only card for me was the $1000+ RTX 2080 Ti and even then, one wasn't necessarily an upgrade. I'd need two of them to be sure of an upgrade in cases where SLI actually works.

I thought it was dumb that after my 1080 Ti's in SLI, the only card for me was the $1000+ RTX 2080 Ti and even then, one wasn't necessarily an upgrade. I'd need two of them to be sure of an upgrade in cases where SLI actually works.

I was expecting the prices of the new cards to have a similar price to the current cards. I paid about $539 for my GTX 1080 when it was the top card outside of the Titan series. I laughed so hard, I almost fell out of my chain when the RTX 2070 came out with a similar price and performance more than two years later.

Totally agree. I was on the fence when the 2080TI came out for the same reasons. At the time, between my two rigs, I had one with 2x1080's that I paid around $550 each and the other with the Strix 1080TI that was around $750. The 1080's were for 4k and mostly getting the job done except for vram limitations and SLI support issues. The 1080TI was mainly for 1440p but I'd considered getting a 2nd, and would've, except mining spiked the prices upwards of $1500 until all the new stock was gone and SLI was going from bad to worse.

It was hard letting go of that much money especially when it took around 5 months to pay off with other purchases made in the holidays. I don't regret getting the 2080TI though. Just finished a visually amazing play thru of Witcher 3. Re-played RE2 remastered 4-5 times when it came out. Now I'm replaying both Metro Exodus and Shadow of the Tomb Raider and enjoying most of the bells and whistles of RT/DLSS as both games got significant performance improvements since being released along thanks to new drivers, patches, and overclocking.

I can still remember laughing at those in the last 6-8 years who were putting so much money into getting Titans for gaming. My how times have changed. It didn't take me long to recognize the shift in naming and prices from the Pascal Titan to Turing TI. For most it also became obvious between the 2070/1080 and 2080/1080TI(except for that 11GB).

Become a Patron!
Back