HighFleet Is an Action-Strategy Game with Giant Dueling Sky Ships

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
highfleet-key-art-1024x576.jpg
Image: Konstantin Koshutin

Long-time publisher MicroProse has what could be a big hit on its hands. Coming out in Q2 2021, HighFleet is an aerial warfare game set on a futuristic, dieselpunk Earth. With a focus on strategy and real-time flight, it requires quick reflexes in battle and critical thinking. A diplomatic component requires players to explore the world and engage with various factions for ships, men, fuel, and other resources. An in-game ship editor will allow players to fully customize their fleets...

Continue reading...

Wow haven't though of Microprose since it shipped games on 5 1/4"...

I'm digging the stilsuit uniform thing.

Honestly it feels a bit like the graphics are from that era as well.... Not to be a *** but I'm tired of new games coming out with graphics that look like they are from the mid 90's. Just about every functional video card has 10x if not 100x the memory of a full system from the mid 90's and THAT IS INCLUDING STORAGE. Can we PLEASE, especially larger publishers, stop putting out games with **** looks because they are 'stylized' or 'throwback'?

Honestly it feels a bit like the graphics are from that era as well.... Not to be a *** but I'm tired of new games coming out with graphics that look like they are from the mid 90's. Just about every functional video card has 10x if not 100x the memory of a full system from the mid 90's and THAT IS INCLUDING STORAGE. Can we PLEASE, especially larger publishers, stop putting out games with **** looks because they are 'stylized' or 'throwback'?
Well, it is the age of remakes currently. Movies, music, games.

My favorite game of all time, Factorio, has graphics that look like they are from 1995. Could it look better? Yeah, but I don't think it would make the game any better than it already is.

I agree, not the best but I'm not sure what their current state of being is. I hadn't thought of them in decades until I saw this. I had a lot of their stuff back in my Atari 8 bit and first 8086 machines.

Yea we will have to see how good the physics are. If the game looks better when played in person. Honestly with the way the screens looked it reminded me of Janes Longbow back in the early to mid 90's.
1620685114922.png

Become a Patron!
Back