How do I get Lan Party Sponsors?

IceDigger

Quasi-regular
Hello FPS Review peeps!

As most of you know I run a computer repair shop located in PA and am hosting my first "Ye Old Lan Party" soon with older games like Quake 1/2 and the original Unreal Tournament. I was wondering how abouts I get software and/or hardware companies to help sponsor it.

I'm thinking of just 5-10 people to start and if it gets better more. Its a small shop so I can only fit so many people.

Any little bit helps.

Thank you!

A party that size will have difficulties getting sponsors, especially for the first one.

However, Bawls has been know to sponsor parties of all sizes. Back in high school (2001-2005) Bawls used to sponsor these small parties we'd throw monthly. Be less than 20 of us in our rich friend's mansion, and they'd send us shirts, drinks, and other swag.

Get some original Halo on there too .. as well .. also!

if I was rich, I'd sponsor yuh :cool:

I used to do Halo on LAN with the kids at a school for troubled teenagers I used to work at... goooood times

Sponsorship can be anything from tiny prizes not worth much to anything.

No idea yet as I'm still formulating how to do this.

I used to get sponsors for our small lanparties back in the day. Generally, the companies that were 'friendly' towards sponsoring lan parties would make inquiry readily available on their websites. However, since lan parties are "rare" these days, I'm not sure lan party sponsorship is really part of the marketing product portfolio for a lot of companies...

The companies I used to get sponsorship from were:
*BAWLS
*SteelSeries
*Alienware
*Nvidia

Each company would typically send something like some posters, mouse pads, keychains, etc. Nothing too fancy, but worthwhile for the ~10-15 person lans we would host.

Seasonic.com/lan-party-support-request

We just had our yearly LAN and we basically provide all the raffle/tournament prizes now. Free stuff dried up years ago for us.

Hello FPS Review peeps!

As most of you know I run a computer repair shop located in PA and am hosting my first "Ye Old Lan Party" soon with older games like Quake 1/2 and the original Unreal Tournament. I was wondering how abouts I get software and/or hardware companies to help sponsor it.

I'm thinking of just 5-10 people to start and if it gets better more. Its a small shop so I can only fit so many people.

Any little bit helps.

Thank you!
Man I am located in DC but I would have loved to join if closer.

Hello FPS Review peeps!

Any little bit helps.

Thank you!

Right now if you want a sponsor for a Lan party I would look to Nvidia, AMD marketing or even Intel Marketing. Maybe reach out to Kyle from [H] and see if he has some contacts he can steer you towards.

To get Nvidia you will want to be running RT based titles.

For AMD or Intel you will need to be running systems that are 100% in their wheelhouse. IE if your gaming systems you will have available for players are AMD CPU's with AMD video cards you might be able to get AMD to sponsor. (Hell if you are going to do it right you might be able to get AMD to step up with some hardware for these same systems as a loaner for your event.)

Would be really awesome to have some AMD and Nvidia/Intel box's on hand as a head to head but nobody wants to sponsor that unless they know they will win.

Become a Patron!
Back