How to Get the Best Deal on Pre-ordering the Samsung Galaxy S24 Series Phones

David_Schroth

Administrator
Staff member
Did you miss the preorder credit that Samsung was offering on its S24 line of phones that were recently announced? No worries, if you purchase through the links in this article (sponsored/affiliate links, of course), you’ll get exclusive access to $50 of Samsung “reserve” credit. On the plus side, the credits will apply whether you’re […]

See full article...

I'm good.

Samsung makes decent hardware (at least when it isn't catching on fire) but I cannot stand their bloated and modified Android implementations.

The only time I've been able to tolerate Samsung phones were when they were unlocked, and I could install Cyanogenmod / LineageOS on them.

I have an aging Pixel 5a right now. I haven't upgraded it because I just don't like the new Pixels, and I don't ahve a clue what to upgrade it to.

I just want something AOSP-like, with minimal modifications. I don't want it to do anything feature-wise my phone didn't do in ~2010.

I don't want or need an "assistant" or any AI or cloud features at all, and I'd prefer to keep a wired audio out.

I'm REALLY bummed about the loss of the Nexus/old Pixel style rear fingerprint sensor. It was so immensely superior to the modern in screen ones.

I'd also still prefer expandable storage slots, and easy user-removable batteries, but I guess that ship has thoroughly sailed at this point.

At this point I only upgrade my phone when I get board or if it's performance starts to annoy me. I upgrade from the S21 to the S23 because I was having all kinds of obnoxious issues with the 21 and I wanted the stylus that came with the S23 Ultra for more efficient note taking. I'll definitely be skipping all variants of the S24 but will likely grab the S25 if it gets a good CPU/GPU/Memory boost AND the AI features are good enough to really have some fun with.

At this point I only upgrade my phone when I get board or if it's performance starts to annoy me. I upgrade from the S21 to the S23 because I was having all kinds of obnoxious issues with the 21 and I wanted the stylus that came with the S23 Ultra for more efficient note taking. I'll definitely be skipping all variants of the S24 but will likely grab the S25 if it gets a good CPU/GPU/Memory boost AND the AI features are good enough to really have some fun with.
Yea I'm in the same boat. I'll wait until I'm unhappy with my current phone and look to upgrade.

For me, having active security patches is a must, so when a phone goes EOL, I upgrade, unless I can get trusted aftermarket ROM support.

Become a Patron!
Back