Intel 5.0Ghz 9900KS seen in the wild!

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Hilbert over at Guru3d came across this from 3dmark. BTW, anyone has one of these laying around and wants to gift it I'll happily build the rest of the rig. ;)
1565829362836.png

From Guru3d, "It is a bit blurry how Intel wants to achieve the clock plus of an additional 300 MHz and retain a normal TDP and ... coolng. Intel did not share any details on what the TDP is going to be for this SKU, as certainly it'll be higher than 100 Watts. Intel at the time showed a demo that at standards utilizes all-in-one water cooler. Intel has not disclosed a price either. " -This is a reference to the effect that 9900K will usually only go to 4.7Ghz on all cores..

I'd love to get my hands on one of these. I'm just starting to see the i9 9900KF online, but this is the first sign I've seen of the KS.

If you guys review, please compare actual power.. I see to many reviews comparing TDP ignoring the fact that Intel often goes way over it's stated watts while AMD tends to stay close, giving the (false) appearance of a large gap.

If you guys review, please compare actual power.. I see to many reviews comparing TDP ignoring the fact that Intel often goes way over it's stated watts while AMD tends to stay close, giving the (false) appearance of a large gap.

Well, I don't have any contacts at Intel for a launch review. Frankly, like the KF, Intel might not even have any fanfare about the KS model. Even if they do, I am not sure we can get on the list to get one. That said, we might do one after they launch and if so, we'll look at power.

Well, I don't have any contacts at Intel for a launch review. Frankly, like the KF, Intel might not even have any fanfare about the KS model. Even if they do, I am not sure we can get on the list to get one. That said, we might do one after they launch and if so, we'll look at power.
I don't care if it's at launch or after, I understand! It's probably not in my market anyways, but still curious to know how much power they need to sustain those clocks, no matter what TDP they claim.

Become a Patron!
Back