Intel Core i9-14900K CPU Review

Brent_Justice

Administrator
Staff member
Introduction Intel Core 14th Gen Desktop S-series Processor Family is launching, and we have a full review of the new Intel Core i9-14900K CPU today. Call it a “Raptor Lake Refresh” if you like, or a new revision, but the better description is perhaps a new “refinement” of the Raptor Lake architecture CPUs. You can […]

See full article...

Nice review. I didn't have really high hopes for this "refresh", but was thinking of maybe a 14700K, but now that just wouldn't make sense.

Nice review. I didn't have really high hopes for this "refresh", but was thinking of maybe a 14700K, but now that just wouldn't make sense.
We have a 14700K in house - it should be on its way to Brent to get the review done (it was used on the launch motherboard review we did).

I ran benches on it for a few days and generally observed it to be on par or slightly faster than the 13900K except for some all core exercises like Cinebench while using the same amount of power.

We have a 14700K in house - it should be on its way to Brent to get the review done (it was used on the launch motherboard review we did).

I ran benches on it for a few days and generally observed it to be on par or slightly faster than the 13900K except for some all core exercises like Cinebench while using the same amount of power.
That is good to hear, but from everything I have read here and have read everywhere else this 14th gen isn't worth the upgrade from my 13600K.

14th Gen was never intended to be an upgrade from 13th Gen.

It was known well ahead of time that it would be just a refresh with a clock speed bump. It's been called Raptor Lake refresh for ages. The results are expected. I don't know why everyone is so shocked.

14th Gen was never intended to be an upgrade from 13th Gen.

It was known well ahead of time that it would be just a refresh with a clock speed bump. It's been called Raptor Lake refresh for ages. The results are expected. I don't know why everyone is so shocked.
A lot of people are overreacting for sure. I came in with an open mind that if one of these 14th gen processors were a worthy upgrade then I’d pull the trigger.

Yep and right in line with the next CPU for AM5 right? should be a good time for CPU's, not so much for GPU's I'm thinking. Well 2025 maybe.

Become a Patron!
Back