"Intel in jeopardy" insiders say - Much worse than what Intel is saying...

nEo717

n00b
Maybe in years past it was as much (or more) not about AMD and them being unable to keep up to Intel as much as it was about Intel making (or taking that) next gen leap so much so they really didn't have a (working) viable product in none of their 3 (or more) engineering teams (for future product), and simply believed AMD fell so far back there is plenty of time (years) to work things out with the next gen product lines anyways - And then along came Lisa Su, followed by Ryzen, and now that gen leap that made Intel looks so good for the past few years has come back around to bit Intel - Though it does make a statement (if true as noted below) that the 14nm process has proven so well for Intel that they don't have the talent (next gen product) for 10nm to top it - What are (the changes/) is Intel going to make? Much like AMD (did) and what they went through - it took a few shake ups (at AMD) and changes to produce a much needed winning product line. Does Intel recover without making some deep changes, we'll see...

Last edited:
Charlie is usually a pretty good source and has insight on these things. Met him at CES (ironically, at the Intel Keynote) earlier this month - for a fan of the Inquirer during the time he was there, it was a pretty cool "say hi" to someone you've never met.

Yikes. Intel is suffering from their own Coronavirus and, similarly to the real thing, it's way worse than being reported.
...Should name their next-gen "Wuhan Lake".

Charlie is usually a pretty good source and has insight on these things. Met him at CES (ironically, at the Intel Keynote) earlier this month - for a fan of the Inquirer during the time he was there, it was a pretty cool "say hi" to someone you've never met.
Thats freaking awesome (sorry for OT) [H], Anand, and The Inquirer were my big 3 back in my early PC days.

Also Intel has the money to recover from this eventually. It might not be a quick turn around but they will do it. It seemed clear to me when they went on a hiring spree for all that talent that they knew they were in ****s creek without a paddle a while back.

As long as Intel gets engineers and leads with engineering they call pull their collective heads out.

Like all companies that create something you need people that are part of that creative process in leadership positions. They understand the challenges and costs and how starting over is sometimes the best path forward.

Intel has the bank roll but they will eat it in market cap loss while they do it.

Want to see another industry where having engineering take over from the top down lead to amazing things? Look at American car manufacturing the last few years.

As I've said, I'm sure things are worse than what's generally known to the public. However, I don't think Intel is on the verge of imploding the way the article makes it sound.

As I've said, I'm sure things are worse than what's generally known to the public. However, I don't think Intel is on the verge of imploding the way the article makes it sound.

All depends on confidence of the shareholders at this point. If the C-levels can keep that high, Intel has cash and can ride through a downturn in revenue. If the Street loses confidence, the share price starts to tank, Intel has to burn all their cash with no ability to raise outside capital, and it gets into a death spiral.

Right now I think there’s still a good deal of confidence that Intel will right the ship.

All depends on confidence of the shareholders at this point. If the C-levels can keep that high, Intel has cash and can ride through a downturn in revenue. If the Street loses confidence, the share price starts to tank, Intel has to burn all their cash with no ability to raise outside capital, and it gets into a death spiral.

Right now I think there’s still a good deal of confidence that Intel will right the ship.

If intel ever faulters that hard and for that long that some investment firms will buy them out and keep them alive.

If intel ever faulters that hard and for that long that some investment firms will buy them out and keep them alive.

No doubt. They own enough patents it won’t ever die completely, it would just go down the same path as Xerox and IBM

If I could short Intel I would. It's only a matter of time before this gets out widely to investors and if enough whales bail on them they are going to be hurting big time. Blood is in the water....

If I could short Intel I would. It's only a matter of time before this gets out widely to investors and if enough whales bail on them they are going to be hurting big time. Blood is in the water....
Which money would then probably flow into AMD sector, since that would presume Intel has a viable replacement, for Intel to decline so to speak. Probably still good to buy AMD, even after the tremendous gains in the last couple of years.

Become a Patron!
Back