Intel Releases 1,831 FPS Scores Comparing Performance of Arc GPU and Core CPU Combinations in Popular Games, including NVIDIA GPUs

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Intel has released a lengthy Excel sheet with over 1,800 FPS scores, offering a glimpse at the kind of frame rates that users should be able to attain in some of today's most popular games under different Arc GPU (e.g., the A750) and Core CPU (e.g., the Core i9-13900K) combinations. NVIDIA GPUs were also tested, including the GeForce RTX 3060 (12 GB) and GeForce RTX 4090. Intel shared the numbers as part of an effort to determine what kind of builds offer the maximum value, with optimized performance.

See full article...

That actually is interesting research showing the cost to benefit from these.

I'm happy for Intel in how it's supporting its GPUs but I agree that I'd also like to see more non-sponsored review data as all three GPU manufacturers have had some "interesting" things to say about their own respective product performance metrics.

On the flip side, if I was doing a first-time budget build for 1080p gaming I'd be keen on an Intel Arc/CPU combo just to see how it pans out. I really would like to see one first hand doing its thing with XeSS and any other magic sauce Intel adds.

I will say the bit about trying to optimize the CPU/GPU for best cost efficiency is smart - Intel doesn't often play the value proposition, but here with their GPUs I think it's a great strategy.

Become a Patron!
Back