Is Eyefinity dead?

Uhhh looking dead checking my driver revision as well for it for you Elf_Boy and I'm not seeing it.

1702495392745.png

Looks completely different than the article. Menu's are completely different.

Thanks to both of you!

Be nice if this had been publicly announced.

Thanks to both of you!

Be nice if this had been publicly announced.
I didn't know if the function still existed but the fact is, Eyefinity and NVSurround have both had their heyday and were never that popular to begin with. Most games never supported multimonitor gaming all that well and even if they did, the performance impact was pretty substantial. You would really need multiple GPU's to do it justice at anything beyond 5760x3240. Even at that resolution it would be the exclusive territory of higher end GPU's.

I found the problem - Eyefinity and AMD link are not compatible - one needs to be turned off to do the other.

I did nv surround for a while with 3x 40" 1k monitors. Some games is was nice and some were just plain not compatible.

I doubt even my 7900 xtx can handle 3x 4k in anything except a very old game like City of Heroes. I dont recall about NV Surround, Eyefinity is limited to what can be plugged into a single GPU.

This is more about playing around with it and testing it out.

I approve of that game, and your mismatched monitor heights.

Getting about 45-48 fps - of course it is a 20 year old game engine - one that I play regularly though.

View attachment 2851

I really need to get those monitors at the same altitude. Never have been the handman type, may take me a while but I'll get there.
I think we need to start a desk fund for Elf_boy! Clearly he has a well funded monitor fund. ;.)

Three beefy arms for those things would probably do well for him...
Looking at those desks he has... I don't know that I'd want to put that kind of tortional stress on any one of those to support 3 monitors. ;) Glass.. nope. Whatever that white desk is... Nope. He needs something sturdy.

Check your craigslist... I found a steel (like ex military) desk online for free just haul it away. Been using it for years.

What the fudge do you use to drive 12k in pixels? That's just bonkers.

Looking at those desks he has... I don't know that I'd want to put that kind of tortional stress on any one of those to support 3 monitors. ;) Glass.. nope. Whatever that white desk is... Nope. He needs something sturdy.

Check your craigslist... I found a steel (like ex military) desk online for free just haul it away. Been using it for years.
White desk has a glass top too.

I'm thinking 2*4's or something similar under the monitor stand. The middle one is adjustable but that is as far down as it goes.

Become a Patron!
Back