Jared Leto Returning as Joker in Zack Snyder’s Justice League

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
suicide-squad-joker-harley-driving-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Regardless of whether you loved or loathed his performance in Suicide Squad, Jared Leto is giving the Clown Prince of Crime another go.

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the actor (and Thirty Seconds to Mars vocalist) is returning in one of his most infamous roles for Zack Snyder’s Justice League, which is undergoing a new round of shoots to flesh out the director’s original, intended vision.

While the level of financing from Warner Bros. is unheard of for a film that released years ago (2017), the opportunity could allow Leto to redeem himself in the eyes of DC fans, many of whom consider his Joker to be one of the worst – if not the worst – takes on the character ever.

Leto’s version ditched many of the...

Continue reading...

Jared Leto didn't really have a chance to fully explore the character in the little screen time he has had. I would be interested in seeing more of his version before passing judgement on his performance.

I liked what little of Leto's Joker we saw but Zack Snyder is the Chris Roberts of the Film industry... except Zack has never actually created anything good. The whole DCCU is a joke because of Snyder. This movie is going to be such a huge, unintelligible cluster **** of stupid. And not the "HA HA this is fun" kind of stupid but the "WTF is this ****?" kind of stupid.

Also... I hope I'm completely wrong.

I am one of the few I guess. I thought his joker take was fine. The stories about Leto himself though...........

I liked what little of Leto's Joker we saw but Zack Snyder is the Chris Roberts of the Film industry... except Zack has never actually created anything good. The whole DCCU is a joke because of Snyder. This movie is going to be such a huge, unintelligible cluster **** of stupid. And not the "HA HA this is fun" kind of stupid but the "WTF is this ****?" kind of stupid.

Also... I hope I'm completely wrong.
Only movie directed by Snyder that I have not seen was Legend of the Guardians. All the one I have see were excellent, in my opinion. As far as the DCCU Watchmen, Man of Steel, and Batman v. Superman were all fantastic. Justice League was a cluster because of Whedon when he took over editing duties and reshoots after Snyder left to deal with his daughter's death. It was chopped up very badly from the studio's desire to keep it under 2 hours in length.

I liked Leto's version. A little bit modernized-hip hop-gangster take but I'm o.k. with that. Original version had some roots in gangster/mafia stuff. He still had that bit of that truly psycho that I always felt was missing from Nolan's/Ledger's version. I felt their version had some but was more about damaged goods than truly wacko/psychotic. Honestly seemed more like a crack addict in charge of a gang than crazy to me. Jack nailed it. Hamill's version is legendary and now seems to be constantly emulated by everyone else in recent animated versions.

I'll have to wait and see with Snyder. I mostly like his stuff but will have to wait and see for both this and his version of JL but I do have high hopes for both.

Become a Patron!
Back