Kathleen Kennedy Teases Return of Star Wars Sequel Trilogy Characters in Future Projects

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-rey-and-kylo-ren-lightsabers-ignited-1024x576.jpg
Image: EA

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker may not be the last time that audiences see Rey, Kylo Ren, and/or other new characters that were introduced as part of Lucasfilm’s sequel trilogy on the silver screen. That’s according to Kathleen Kennedy, who has suggested in the January 2022 issue of Empire Magazine that the characters could return in one or more future projects. Kennedy pointed out that the writers have already been thinking about it.

“Certainly, those are not characters we’re going to forget,” Kennedy mentioned. “They will live on, and those are conversations that are going on with the creative team as well.”

Kennedy didn’t have anything more to say about that, but she also discusses the reunion of Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen, who will reprise their fan-favorite roles of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin...

Continue reading...

Sheesh!

Disney definitely wasn't going for the old-school character-look for this next-gen Star Wars' character roster.

Yuck!

Why, why, WHY couldn't the headline have been "Star wars teases release of Kathleen Kennedy." I would have been so thankful this Thanksgiving.
It obviously never happened but we sort of had a story on that about a year ago here:

Meanwhile doomcock on youtube has a story on it every week "Kathleen Kennedy imminently fired"
BTW that cover art in the article is disturbingly bad.

Meanwhile doomcock on youtube has a story on it every week "Kathleen Kennedy imminently fired"
Yeah, that one never panned out.

Yeah, I was trying to do a screencap so it would look like Tink was granting our wishes. I've seen one that's CGI that looks pretty good but the only ones I could find online were the cartoon.

Due to a couple of dear friends who like just about anything SW-related I tried so very, very, hard to like these movies. Rewatching them has become a kind of self-torture at this point. I've got no doubts that at some point they will never be watched again by me although there are specific scenes here and there that I like. The 2nd still feels like a discombobulated mess. I still remember reading a review after it came out that showed both movies essentially happen across a 48-hour timespan making it all seem even more ludicrous.

I have nothing against the actors in these movies but the fact is, these are memorable characters for all the wrong reasons. Rey is more of a Mary Sue than Mary Sue. Other characters like Finn are completely underutilized and others have the personality of a Saltine cracker. The most egregious aspect of these films beyond the amateur hour writing is the "deconstruction" or vandalism of legacy characters. This instills a sense of ire and hatred for the new characters as they are purposely built up by tearing legacy characters down.

These are horrendous characters in absolutely garbage films.

Sad but true. There's a part of me that feels somehow, someway, there's got to be a way to salvage enough out of the 3 movies to sandwich into one 3-hour epic one. The problem though, is exactly what Dan has said about the characters and films. Even if someone were to copy/paste various chapters in and effort to reconstitute something it still wouldn't be right. That old saying about you can't polish a . . .just permeates these films.

Sad but true. There's a part of me that feels somehow, someway, there's got to be a way to salvage enough out of the 3 movies to sandwich into one 3-hour epic one. The problem though, is exactly what Dan has said about the characters and films. Even if someone were to copy/paste various chapters in and effort to reconstitute something it still wouldn't be right. That old saying about you can't polish a . . .just permeates these films.
You have big problems with these films. The Last Jedi being probably the worst offender. The space chase sequence alone provides enough material for analysis that I could probably write a book on that one sequence and why it's bad. Things like that can't be fixed with editing.

TLJ ought to become some kind of meme, assuming it hasn't already.

Oh well. Working from home today and decided for good times sake, to just stream Empire. I've got it on Vudu so 4K/DV/DA is a nice way to spend the afternoon with it in the background. I guess even more appropriate to this topic as it just happened on screen now, "I thought they smelled bad on the outside" :)

Become a Patron!
Back