Keanu Reeves Comments on the Use of AI and Deepfakes in a New Interview

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
Keanu Reeves has had a particular focus on the interaction and relationship of humans with technology in science-fiction movies, and recently video games. From Johnny Mnemonic to The Matrix franchise, and then Cyberpunk 2077, he has been at the forefront of story content that explores concepts of artificial intelligence and the integration of technology with humans. Reeves recently sat down with WIRED magazine, along with John Wick: Chapter 4 costar Chad Stahelski where conversation inevitably drifted into a discussion of AI and Deepfakes.

See full article...

I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but Keanu Reeves is a pretty face who acts in films.

We don't like him for his intellect (or lack thereof) when it comes to commenting on current events :p

I don't think the fact that he dressed in what some costume designer made for him, and stood in a certain place while they filmed him reciting lines that someone else wrote really qualifies him as some sort of expert, or even gives him any more perspective into things. At least no more than people who watched his movies (and played Cyberpunk) all of which are fiction, btw :p

That said, I don't disagree with him. Just frustrating that people will listen to someone who dresses up in fancy outfits and pretends to be someone else for a living, but won't listen to actual experts in the field.

That said, I don't disagree with him. Just frustrating that people will listen to someone who dresses up in fancy outfits and pretends to be someone else for a living, but won't listen to actual experts in the field.
It's all about the delivery. You should know that by now. 😁

I mean, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but Keanu Reeves is a pretty face who acts in films.
Too true but he was smart enough to clue in early on about the risks of losing out on compensation if/when studios use a digital likeness of a recording of you w/o permission.

Become a Patron!
Back