LG’s 2020 4K/8K OLED TVs Begin Rolling Out: 48-Inch Model Available In June for $1,499

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lg-cx-4k-oled-2020-1024x576.jpg
Image: LG

LG has unveiled the pricing and availability of its 2020 OLED TV lineup, which comprises the GX (“Gallery”), WX (“Wallpaper”), ZX (“Real 8K”), CX, and BX series. These range in size from 88 to 48 inches – the latter of which might work for a PC monitor.

CX and BX Series

OLED77CXPUA: 77-inch class / $4,999 / Available May 2020OLED65CXPUA: 65-inch class / $2,799 / Available April 2020OLED55CXPUA: 55-inch class / $1,799 / Available March 2020OLED48CXPUB: 48-inch class / $1,499 / Available June 2020

OLED65BXPUA: 65-inch class / $2,299 / Available May 2020OLED55BXPUA: 55-inch class / $1,599 / Available May 2020

LG’s all-new CX and BX series 4K OLED TVs each deliver the outstanding picture quality that LG OLED is known for. Consumers will also have a new...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t wait until I can get a HDMI 2.1 video card...

What's the refresh rate?

Make it 120hz, add VRR and shrink it 5 more inches, and I might just be in

LG since last year I believe all their OLED lineup is 120Hz VRR

I can confirm on last years C9. Mine definitely does 1440p/120Hz/VRR(G-Sync Compatible). Have played many games with a RTX 2080 Super. Can do 4k VRR as well and it's rated up to 120Hz but no current card has HDMI 2.1 to enjoy that. I additionally tested Mass Effect Andromeda's Dolby Vision with as well. Pretty cool but occasionally the driver would lose the handshake(black screen).

Imagine if TVs used real connections like DisplayPort, one can dream. Panasonic used to add those in their large format displays. Also I'm still very afraid to use an OLED as a desktop monitor. I have one for TV because it is infrequently used and shows rather dynamic content. Until it is confirmed I can leave something like a toolbar or taskbar on screen for hours on end, I just don;t want to drop a few grand into something that breaks.

Imagine if TVs used real connections like DisplayPort, one can dream. Panasonic used to add those in their large format displays. Also I'm still very afraid to use an OLED as a desktop monitor. I have one for TV because it is infrequently used and shows rather dynamic content. Until it is confirmed I can leave something like a toolbar or taskbar on screen for hours on end, I just don;t want to drop a few grand into something that breaks.
I've got similar concerns. I try not to use it with games that leave a static item on the screen all the time. I also make sure to display MSI AB sparingly. Games with major HUD's are a no go. Haven't read a lot of bad things but don't want to take the chance either. Otherwise it's pretty wild to play games on using VRR/120Hz. Quality really is amazing.

Become a Patron!
Back