LG’s 27-Inch OLED Monitor Will Cost $3,000

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
lg-ultrafine-display-oled-pro-ces-2021-white-1024x576.jpg
Image: LG

LG’s first 27-inch OLED monitor, the 27EP950B, will cost $2,996.99. The price was uncovered in a new listing over at B&H Photo, which is already allowing customers to preorder the beautiful display. While no photos or specifications have been published by the retailer yet, we suspect that the 27EP950B will be largely identical to LG’s 32-inch UltraFine Display OLED Pro aside from the smaller panel.

“The self-emissive OLED display gives the 31.5-inch 4K monitor a contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 while independent dimming control of its more than eight million pixels helps eliminate the distracting halo effect common to HDR LCD displays,” LG wrote in a...

Continue reading...

This continues an unfortunate trend with the monitor display segment. It's like once they throw the "monitor' designation plus one, or two, extra display specs, it's o.k. to charge thousands more than a television equivalent. It's getting to the point where you're almost better off either choosing a lesser monitor or greater television for gaming. I remember when ASUS came out with their ROG 4K last year and hoped it wasn't a new trend. Sadly enough, it is. We constantly hear about HDR400 crap that isn't useful for much but manufacturers are plenty happy to charge thousands for it. It's a shame. As soon as things bump up a bit the price doubles.

This continues an unfortunate trend with the monitor display segment. It's like once they throw the "monitor' designation plus one, or two, extra display specs, it's o.k. to charge thousands more than a television equivalent. It's getting to the point where you're almost better off either choosing a lesser monitor or greater television for gaming. I remember when ASUS came out with their ROG 4K last year and hoped it wasn't a new trend. Sadly enough, it is. We constantly hear about HDR400 crap that isn't useful for much but manufacturers are plenty happy to charge thousands for it. It's a shame. As soon as things bump up a bit the price doubles.

I think the main problem is it's hard for them to justify making these smaller sizes since yields probably aren't as good. So they just end up making them super "high end" and charge thousands which the color pros don't mind spending. I'm more excited for the 42" TV they are supposedly making. Might not see that until next year though.

Become a Patron!
Back