LG’s New IPS Gaming Monitor Boasts a One-Millisecond Response Time

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
LG has announced the UltraGear Nano IPS NVIDIA G-SYNC gaming monitor. This happens to be the world’s first IPS display with a one-millisecond response time.

Two screen sizes are available. The 38-inch model (38GL950G) has a resolution of 3840 x 1600 and can be overclocked to 175 Hz. It has a G-SYNC module and is VESA DisplayHDR 400 certified.

The 27-inch variant (27GL850) offers a resolution of 2560 x 1440 and 144 Hz refresh rate. It is NVIDIA G-SYNC compatible and supports HDR10.

Both offer 98% coverage of the DCI-P3 color gamut.

LG UltraGear Nano IPS gaming monitors are set to roll out next month, with pre-orders for model 27GL850 commencing in the United States on July 1 with availability in key European markets in the third quarter of this year.

Somewhat on the lookout for a new display for the 2600k rig. Really want a 1440p/HDR/G-Sync and that 27" model looks promising. I'll wait for reviews and pricing but it's a good start. The 38" could be nice but that's getting into 2080TI territory to push that level of FPS while my 1080TI is quite happy at 1440p. At some point it'll likely inherit the 2080TI from the other rig but that might be 1 or 2 years down the road.

I just went to the LG site and looked at the promo material. Really like where they put the jacks. I admit they could be problematic for rotation but once in place their easy to get to. Heck for once I might even use the USB3 ports. So far they've been useless on all my other displays that have them.
LG Back.PNG

I've got a couple of Asus monitors(mostly love 'em) and a LG 4k, but the jacks are a PIA in relation to the stands. Just can't reach them easily.

Become a Patron!
Back