LG 2019 4K OLED TV Owners with GeForce RTX/GTX 16-Series GPUs Can Now Enjoy G-SYNC

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
As promised, NVIDIA and LG have released new firmware and drivers that bring G-SYNC support to the latter's B9, C9, and E9 2019 4K OLED TVs. These displays already offer an incredible picture by default, but the absence of tearing, stuttering, or input lag from VSync makes the experience even better. This update is exclusive to GeForce RTX and GTX 16-Series GPUs, however.

With all those steps taken, and everything updated, geared-up GeForce gamers will experience smooth, stutter-free, tear-free gaming, with superior OLED clarity and color reproduction, and with HDR10 color, contrast and brightness in compatible games. Additionally, LG has their own technologies that further improve response times, pixel display times, and other aspects of each TV, giving their customers even-smoother, more-responsive, and crisper gaming.

Just happy that a mainstream TV manufacturer is implementing this. Hopefully more will and it will become a bit more of a norm. I'm keeping an eye on the C9 65" models to see if any black Friday deals happen. Overall there's pretty spectacular reviews for them.

edit: For what it's worth, Mashable has reported about a $300 discount thru PCmag bringing the brand new price for a 65" down to $1949 as of yesterday.

Last edited:
Savvy move by LG. If they offered a curved 49 inch I’d use it as a monitor in a heartbeat.

1.) Did it say the frequency range anywhere?

1440p/4k 120hz for the C9's from what I've read in numerous places although currently nothing but the t.v. can support 4k/120hz due HDMI 2.1 only being on the t.v.

2.) All of those compatible TV's are too big.
Yeah really more of a room display and not a desktop monitor solution. Unfortunately for desktop we're still mostly trapped at monitors and the ridiculously priced options and even more ludicrous HDR offerings.

Last edited:
Took the plunge on one a 65" last night. It'll be for the living room and replacing an older LG 55" 4k non HDR. Will be getting delivered on Sunday. Pretty excited. At the moment it will be mainly for movies/4k streaming but when my next GPU upgrade happens the rig in there will inherit the 2080TI and I think it will be pretty happy.

Got it yesterday. I, of course, spent a chunk of the day configuring it and testing different apps and inputs. Overall it's pretty amazing. IQ is definitely a step above our Sony Z9D that's in the cave and that one already set the bar pretty high. Only complaint so far is that DC Streaming isn't on the LG Store and the Disney Plus app seems to not output Atmos thru arc/earc for things that have Atmos/Dolby Vision. Even stranger since it will to it's internal speakers. Vudu outputs Atmos though. Like I said, strange. Figured I just work around it with a Roku stick and it will send Atmos to arc but then that Disney App only supports HDR10. I will say that now I understand some of those tech sites speaking up about the improvment of Dolby Vision over HDR10. It's pretty dramatic with this panel. Also have to say that the 4k dolby Vision streams we've tested so far completely blow away their BD counterparts and it's a tough call comparing to the 4k discs. At this point the only real gain for physical media with these is the increased bit rates for audio and not depending on the internet/providers.

I plan to haul the 4930k rig into the living room this weekend for various testing of resolutions, refresh rates, color depths, g-sync, HDR, etc. Looking forward to it.

Any chance you’d throw that into a little review for those of us considering moving to an OLED tv monitor setup?

Any chance you’d throw that into a little review for those of us considering moving to an OLED tv monitor setup?
I'd love to do a full review but since I don't have any technical equipment for measuring brightness/color accuracy type data I won't be able to tell you about that part of it. What I will do is post my experiences here regarding how everything reacts with each other once hooked up. For the HDMI I'll be using an optical high speed 2.0 cable.

Testing today. Will post a story about it tomorrow. So far, f'n awesome but limited to 1440p/120hz due to HDMI 2.0 but as I said f'in awesome!

Working with David and Brent so that this will be an actual review for FPS review. Might not be posted until after Thursday.

I will say that I'm impressed and recommend. I'm picky when it comes to displays.

edit: The only real unknown is long term usage. To date, I've had 4-5 different LG displays in the last 8 years and only one has had unexpected issues. I have to look up the model # but the 55" non-HDR 4k 3d T.V. will occasionally have lines in the screen. If you "massage" certain parts it will go away except one. Another option is to remove the back panel and clean contacts but I haven't done that. All 'n' all I like LG's. Seen and read worse things for other brands.

Last edited:
Waiting on video cards to support 2.1 - then I plan to see what’s on the market and spend some cash...

Looking forward to the review.

Become a Patron!
Back