LG Display to Unveil 20-Inch OLED Panel by the End of the Year

A 20” makes for a good secondary display for a instrument cluster in flight sim. Might even be a hair too big.

So sure ... nothing wrong with a 20" as long as it isn't the primary display. I remember back in the day having a two 20" (4:3) flat panel setup and that was as good as it got for the times. I really enjoy my 20-30-20 PLP setup, and as I've been looking at more modern screens to possibly increase the size of my primary (say, 34" or 38" at greater resolution), It has been difficult to find secondaries with width that matches the primary monitor's depth in both pixels and physical dimension. So more options for secondaries is good.

A couple of 1600x900 displays were perfect for the sides of my 3840x1600 ultrawide. Something similar for 4K would be great.

So sure ... nothing wrong with a 20" as long as it isn't the primary display. I remember back in the day having a two 20" (4:3) flat panel setup and that was as good as it got for the times. I really enjoy my 20-30-20 PLP setup, and as I've been looking at more modern screens to possibly increase the size of my primary (say, 34" or 38" at greater resolution), It has been difficult to find secondaries with width that matches the primary monitor's depth in both pixels and physical dimension. So more options for secondaries is good.
I did 20-30-20 PLP for a while, but the 20s are TN displays with terrible color shift in portrait. i wonder if there is such a thing as a cheap IPS 1600x1200 monitor anymore

I did 20-30-20 PLP for a while, but the 20s are TN displays with terrible color shift in portrait. i wonder if there is such a thing as a cheap IPS 1600x1200 monitor anymore
All three of my monitors are 2007 vintage Dells (i.e., 30"=3007WFP and 20"=2007FP). I'm fairly sure the 30" is IPS, but the 20"s could be either IPS or PVA. Dell had a panel lottery for those. I'm stretching my memory back much too far to remember these types of details. I've owned and used them for so long, how they're made is no longer of consequence. I also color calibrated the two 20s to match the 30 ... so color shifting isn't as noticeable.

The reason I think the 30 is IPS is because I got it after my Samsung 305t died (as they were prone to do) and that one was PVA for sure. Back then, I paid a lot more attention to panel types. I didn't add the two 20s until a couple years later.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back