LG Reveals Massive Price for 97-Inch 4K OLED TV

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
Those of you who are wild enough to make a 97-inch 4K OLED TV your next gaming monitor might be interested to know that LG has finally revealed the pricing for its massive display.

Go to post

27 grand. That's a spicy meatball! Will put that on my lottery winner wishlist. Although at THAT size you'd think 8k might make sense....
I was thinking the exact same thing. At that price and that size why is this not 8 or even 16k?

Okaaaaaay, well now we are talking car prices for a f*cking HDTV. Something is very wrong here...
Nothing wrong. Been that way since flat panels came out. The bleeding edge has always been some ridiculous price.

Okaaaaaay, well now we are talking car prices for a f*cking HDTV. Something is very wrong here...
Yeah at 97” this is something of a luxury item, OLED or otherwise. They don’t exactly need to be competitive or sane with the price. If you want a TV that costs less there is no shortage of very inexpensive options.

It'll be interesting to see if rtings.com can get ahold of one of these for a review. I could never afford such a thing but I am curious as to how it would test out. However, I totally agree that this thing ought to be at least 8K. UHD seems a bit underwhelming at that price.

If you're spending $27K on a TV, you should have a room with adequate light control. When you get to 97", might as well go with a projector.

Become a Patron!
Back