Linus Sebastian (LTT/LMG) Is Embroiled in Drama with Gamers Nexus over Ethics, Integrity, and Testing Practices

I'll say this detsil is really hard to convey on YouTube with all of its compression it's a pita. Read an article discussing detail differences with uncompressed image and you'll be better served.

Where to find those... now that's a trick.

A good review ~should~ have both objective and subjective elements

¿Remember the time when reviewers actually played the games during testing?

¿Remember the time when reviewers actually played the games during testing?
This has happened historically less often than you might think. If a game had a built-in benchmark, I guarantee you people weren't usually doing manual runs and playing the game. I always did it for games that I wanted to cover or had to cover that didn't have a built-in benchmark. Our run throughs of Cyberpunk 2077 were like that. Always a manual run. Same for Destiny 2 etc. But for Ghost Recon Breakpoint I never did a manual run because I didn't have to. That being said, I was at the desk watching it as I was using my workstation with the test rig in arms reach.

You have to watch these runs sometimes or watch them after you get some anomalous results.

I provided the source material, the onus is on you to consume and research the information if you are interested in it, not for me to scrub through videos and find specific sections for you. In addition, there are written articles on the subject, if you'd like to research, as well as plenty of other videos on youtube on this subject, including podcasts with actual developers. I have done the research in all these areas, and therefore I am informed about the subject. I am not going to write a dissertation in a forum thread about it, there's plenty of material on the web.
You could've just provided a rough time where to look for it in the video with less effort than writing out this message. Nobody asked for a dissertation. Why are you acting so hostile?

If there are plenty of videos and podcast on the subject then why did you link a video that doesn't seem to be focused on it? Are you trying to send me on a wild goose chase? I don't even know what keywords to search for "dynamic lod" only yields results in the traditional interpretation, as in normal dynamic lod that is not system / GPU specific.

It's not that I don't want to look, I don't know what am I even supposed to look for.

Where is the visual difference using the same settings? I did not find anything while quickly skimming the video, and I'm not really interested in watching the whole 30 minutes.

IF this is true, then even if the reviewer catches it it makes all benchmarking meaningless as there is no way for an apples to apples comparison. You must be able to lock LOD to a certain setting to even began a meaningful test. I'd prefer this problem to be killed in its infancy and force developers to add fixed LOD for PC. I sure as hell don't want dynamic LOD on my PC when playing a game.
1 example - https://duckduckgo.com/?q=forspoken+8gb+memory+texture+won't+load&ia=web or https://duckduckgo.com/?q=forspoken+8gb+memory+texture+blurry&atb=v314-1&ia=web

If someone 'automates' or just doesn't pay attention they wouldn't catch that 8GB GPUs (especially on launch) just would never load some textures but still would run the game 'fine'.

Last edited:
Become a Patron!
Back