Linus Sebastian of Linus Tech Tips is Stepping Down as CEO of Linus Media Group

And GN is interesting to watch. I love the tech deep dive, but there are times I want them to hit the high points and move on. Good thing is their videos are edited and timing is called out so you can hit the points your really want to focus on faster with their content.

Imo Steve from GN misses what I like about Paul's hardware who is (again imo) actually funny when he wants to be, Steve's humour and mine do not go well together and also at some point you got to stop beating the dead horse.

For hardware testing I do whish that Linus would go a bit more in depth as they usually seem to keep that to a minimum while GN more to the maximum people will tolerate.

For hardware testing I do whish that Linus would go a bit more in depth as they usually seem to keep that to a minimum while GN more to the maximum people will tolerate.
With Linus Media group's investment into the lab they are going deeper and deeper on data collection and relevance.

He got into it with Kyle a few years back and came across like an ego maniacal cocksack. So I don't care for him, nor do I trust his information since he doesn't seem to test things and review them anyway.
I used to watch his videos and thought at first he was okay but as things progressed his huge ego took over. He just piggy backs other tech tubers who put in the work and piles on top of it, especially if it's a hardware issue (latest Asus issue is an example). His case "reviews" are comical, because he just talks about an empty case while others actually put in the work and build in them.

Last edited:
I think GN does great work but it could be cut down for brevity. Like I've said in the past. If you want real technical dives, the long form articles are the best way to do it. Videos are great for things like cases where you don't need a lot of actual data points and seeing the product in video is more useful.

Every time I watch GN Steve is messing with his hair every 30 seconds. Dude, ponytail that mane or get a haircut.

Having that much hair would drive me nuts..I sweat in the summer with short hair so no thank you.
My wife has been asking me to let mine grow out for a while, and I've let it. It's similar to Steve's but yeah, I keep it tied up most of the time. Seriously though, not a day going by that I don't think about going back to the 2-4 inch cut I'd been sporting from 2004-2019.

Become a Patron!
Back