Looking for a "normal sized" RTX3070Ti

Stoly

FPS Regular
Now that the 3070Ti is more available at not so high prices, I'm hoping to get one.

Thing is, most cards I've seen are ridiculously large. Like 11"+ and they won't fit my case.

I had a PNY GTX 1070Ti with was pretty much a Founders Edition. Its 10.5" in length and barely fits my case.

So I need a RTX3070Ti no longer than that. Other than the Founders Edition which has no stock for months, what are my options?

This problem is one of the main reasons why I don't build systems in tiny cases. All of the RTX 3070 Ti's etc. I've seen are all basically full sized cards. You generally have to step down to something more in the budget or low-mid tier range to get something smaller.

The case is not small, but the hard drives take a lot of realstate.
i've found the problem

I'm sure we've discussed it before, but man, you need a NAS. Even a DAS would be an upgrade.

Actually I don't have any HDDs installed at the moment, its just the hdd bays. I figure I can cut the bay wall and fit the card and still have space for a couple of HDDs if need be.
I once used a hammer to similar effect, though in that case the delta was around 1mm

Actually I don't have any HDDs installed at the moment, its just the hdd bays. I figure I can cut the bay wall and fit the card and still have space for a couple of HDDs if need be.
What case is it?

I found a GALAX RTX3070Ti that's just 10" long. Dosn't seem to be available states side.

I found a GALAX RTX3070Ti that's just 10" long. Dosn't seem to be available states side.
Your best bet might be to grab an EVGA, as they don't consider cooler removal and replacement to be a breach of warranty.

You could then devise the most appropriate solution, and potentially wind up with something that both performs better and runs quieter than stock.

Your best bet might be to grab an EVGA, as they don't consider cooler removal and replacement to be a breach of warranty.

You could then devise the most appropriate solution, and potentially wind up with something that both performs better and runs quieter than stock.
I don't really intend to change the cooling.

Modding the case seems like the easiest solution.
I'm also considering going on with no case at all.

Become a Patron!
Back