Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trailer Rumored for Release Next Weekend

I could never get pinaccle station to function with my original Mass Effect, as I've had a localized version of the game, and they never released a localized pinaccle station installer. There was a localized BDTS installer but that also stopped working after a while, with no way to install that one either until I was able to register the game on origin.

Fun fact: the company responsible for the localized version was some noname company called "CD Projekt"

I had Pinnacle Station too and couldn't ever make it work on my install. My girlfriend got hers to work and she played it, so I've seen her play it but I never have.

Keep in mind that Pinnacle Station was not developed by BioWare. The entire thing was outsourced to Demiurge. They are the ones that ****ed this up. Given how bad the port of ME1 was, it's not surprising. They suck.
Outside of the developer aversion to proper widescreen support back then I didn't think there was anything wrong with the port. It was a heck of a lot better when compared to the original Xbox 360 version, that's for sure. But then again maybe BioWare brought the ports for the second and third games in house because of disappointment in Demiurge's effort.

Outside of the developer aversion to proper widescreen support back then I didn't think there was anything wrong with the port. It was a heck of a lot better when compared to the original Xbox 360 version, that's for sure. But then again maybe BioWare brought the ports for the second and third games in house because of disappointment in Demiurge's effort.

The problems were largely related to inventory management and poor controls. Then again, the inventory management wasn't stellar on the console version as I understand it anyway.

The problems were largely related to inventory management and poor controls. Then again, the inventory management wasn't stellar on the console version as I understand it anyway.
If memory serves the inventory management was exactly the same. I'll have to find out later.

Ends up playing through the full game again...

August 2015 was my last and final comlpete playthrough of ME1 up to now. (14 Games 10 Femshep 4 Male)

Played ME2 as recent as 2017 (17 Games, 11 Femshep, 6 male)

ME3 was also on the menu in 2017 last (4 Games, 3 femshep, 1 male)

You could say I wasn't exactly as thrilled with the third game.

August 2015 was my last and final comlpete playthrough of ME1 up to now. (14 Games 10 Femshep 4 Male)

Played ME2 as recent as 2017 (17 Games, 11 Femshep, 6 male)

ME3 was also on the menu in 2017 last (4 Games, 3 femshep, 1 male)

You could say I wasn't exactly as thrilled with the third game.

I've probably played it upwards of 11 times without finishing it. Since getting the Mass Effect Happy Ending mod, I probably finished it four or five times. All of my play throughs were BroSheps. I have a single FemShep playthrough in ME3 that I never finished.

Inventory management in the PC version isn't the best, but it is better than the console version.

Inventory management in the PC version isn't the best, but it is better than the console version.

That's sad. I had heard it was the other way around. However, I've never even seen the console version of ME1 outside of trailers which may have been made using that version.

That's sad. I had heard it was the other way around. However, I've never even seen the console version of ME1 outside of trailers which may have been made using that version.
The PC version rearranges things to make more simple in navigating the inventory, but it commits the new sin of having unused white space on the screen and less important elements taking up too much space. One of the biggest issues still present is the menu only shows 5 items at a time. I think there really wasn't a lot Demiurge could do with the system unless they tried to redesign the whole thing from scratch, but it works well enough. There is a good breakdown of the many mistakes in UI design on the console version made here:

http://gamedesignreviews.com/reviews/mass-effect-massive-interface-fail-part-ii/

1612544771430.png

1612544806019.png

For what it's worth I hated ME:A's interface more, and DA:I's even more than that.

I've been replaying Mass Effect Andromeda lately. I can confirm the menus suck. Especially since I hadn't touched the game in a couple of years.
I vaguely register memories of annoyance, but I'm not going back there till I've gotten through this trilogy remaster three or four times ;)

Become a Patron!
Back