MAXSUN Support Claims 80°C Temps on Five-Fan GeForce RTX 4090 Is “Normal”

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
MAXSUN's new GeForce RTX 4090 MGG OC 24G graphics card can apparently reach temps of 80°C under normal usage, and that's completely normal despite the GPU featuring not two, not three, but a total of five fans. That's according to a conversation with customer support that an early owner on the Baidu forums has shared, in which a rep for MAXSUN claims twice that such temps are "normal" after being asked as to whether these numbers are typical for the card. MAXSUN's GeForce RTX 4090 MGG OC 24G GPU costs around $2,200, according to a listing that Wccftech spotted on China's tmall.com.

See full article...

Would be funny if ambient is like 35 or 40 Celsius in which case, yeah

Well, the company is named MAXSUN - you don't expect things from a company with that name to run cool.
With the temps being that high I have to wonder if the power consumption is actually higher, or just the cooling solution smaller/less efficient.

or just the cooling solution smaller/less efficient.
I was saying in last week's (or the week before) thread regarding this card that I previously watched a detailed teardown review of this design about six months ago with a 4080. Turns out it was Steve B (GN) and he showed how the shroud design combined with the added two fans made it run hotter. They did testing removing the shroud and running with or w/o the fans but did compliment the build quality though.

Kind of ironic I guess. Back in the day, I had two pairs of fans that were identical in size to these that came with some G. Skill kits. I took them out of the frames they were in and mounted them onto the grill just above and to the side of the PSUs in both my HAF cases. They were essentially right behind the back of the heatsinks for my GPUs and at the time they absolutely dropped GPU temps by 3-5 degrees.

Become a Patron!
Back