Memory RGB issue

Denpepe

FPS Regular
So I am using 2 G.Skill 16 GB DDR4-3200 kits, my issue is that even if I turn the RGB off it will still come on when I put my pc in sleep mode.

This issue started when my win10 got upgraded to the latest version (2004), I have tried G.skills own utility and Asus Aura but neither of them seem to make a difference.

Somehow it stayed of for a while but after having to reboot my pc due to some updates it is broken again, any idea how to dissable this RGB stuff completely?

Fwiw, my motherboard is a Asus maximus XI hero with a i9 9900K.

You can turn off the motherboard RGB in BIOS, but it doesn't do anything with the RAM. I've seen RAM sometimes remember its most recent settings, but I've also seen the stuff forget. Mine flakes out every once in awhile. I've got G.Skill as well. You can disable it in the OS tools but it will probably always come on when you power up the machine, at least for a bit.

After some more googeling, I seem to have fixed it for now by putting it to react to music which turns it of when nothing is playing, and it stayed of when I put the pc in sleep mode. /Knocks on wood

After some more googeling, I seem to have fixed it for now by putting it to react to music which turns it of when nothing is playing, and it stayed of when I put the pc in sleep mode. /Knocks on wood

Nice.

Why did you get sticks with RGB if you didn't want it? G.SKILL makes plenty of kits without RGB that offer the same timings and performance. Mine are plain white.

Why did you get sticks with RGB if you didn't want it? G.SKILL makes plenty of kits without RGB that offer the same timings and performance. Mine are plain white.

I dont mind the RGB during use, just don't need it at night as the PC is in my bedroom. I never for a second tought that the RGB on memory would stay on by default when going to sleep mode, all the other RGB in my pc turns of without issue, seems memory does not obey the same rules tough if I had known in advance I would have bought RAM without RRGB, live and learn and all that.

That is great information to know! Hopefully it holds for you.
Keep us updated on this.

Become a Patron!
Back