Memory speed/settings

Snowy

Slightly less n00b
Hi
Got some fresh sticks in along with a new motherboard...
The RAM is supposed to be running at 3600Mhz 16CL... But I see it's currently running at 1330 20CL...
1631505757429.png

1631505768284.png

What's the best way to get it up to its rated speed? I very briefly poked around in the BIOS, but I didn't see an option for 1800Mhz..

These are running on an ASUS ROG Strix B550-E board.

Thanks for your help :)

Select the XMP profile. Usually it's a big button on the front page of the bios.

[/URL]

DOCP is what you are looking for - XMP is the intel version

Or you can manually adjust the timings to match your RAM spec.
To be clear, this is what ASUS calls XMP settings on AMD motherboards. Most AMD boards refer to XMP as just that. XMP itself is a profile of settings beyond JEDEC specs on the RAM. There isn't an "AMD" and "Intel" version of the spec for modern systems. I'm not sure why ASUS did that other than their marketing department gets a boner for calling stuff something other than what it is to make it sound proprietary.

And yes, I know AMD used to have a spec like XMP back in the day, but it went nowhere and didn't last long.

To be clear, this is what ASUS calls XMP settings on AMD motherboards. Most AMD boards refer to XMP as just that. XMP itself is a profile of settings beyond JEDEC specs on the RAM. There isn't an "AMD" and "Intel" version of the spec for modern systems. I'm not sure why ASUS did that other than their marketing department gets a boner for calling stuff something other than what it is to make it sound proprietary.

And yes, I know AMD used to have a spec like XMP back in the day, but it went nowhere and didn't last long.
Because "XMP" is copyrighted by Intel and you would be required to pay royalties to use the term.

Name it something else, and you don't. So Asus and Gigabyte name it something else.

Become a Patron!
Back