Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition Releasing May 6, Requires Ray-Tracing GPU to Run

Great, but unfair maybe since AMD can't do DLSS.
We can only hope that they keep working on their own thing and get it out by the next gen launch. It's taken this long just for them to be able to compete with NV at the top again, still not beating but at least they're there, and now they've just gut a bit farther to go. I'm not a fan of proprietary stuff either so here's hoping they succeed.

They seem to be working on it, they talked a bit on the subject with pc world, still they don't want to give any estimate to when they might launch it.

I would say - this particular remaster requires RT, but you don't need RT to play the game itself, as you can always get the 2019 edition. So to day this is the first AAA game to require RT is a bit disingenuous.

I would say - this particular remaster requires RT, but you don't need RT to play the game itself, as you can always get the 2019 edition. So to day this is the first AAA game to require RT is a bit disingenuous.
Not the first to require it, but the first to have a completely ray traced implementation.

Not my problem, heh.

It's up to AMD to provide a DLSS'like feature if it wants to.

If we used this logic to never include games that supported DLSS we couldn't use Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs, and many other games we've used in testing in the past that supported DLSS. That just doesn't make sense.

As always, we'll test with DLSS off, and on.

Not my problem, heh.

It's up to AMD to provide a DLSS'like feature if it wants to.

If we used this logic to never include games that supported DLSS we couldn't use Cyberpunk, Watch Dogs, and many other games we've used in testing in the past that supported DLSS. That just doesn't make sense.

As always, we'll test with DLSS off, and on.
I'm with you on this one, actually I feared you would be tempted to leave DLSS out of the table as some other sites do.

SuperResolution delay has brought a lot of speculation on performance and compatibility, that's for sure. Some people claim compatibility with RX5x00 and up and even nvidia pascal and up. I'm really curious to know how it turns out.

That said I'm still on the look for a RTX3070 or 3060Ti and I don't really think SuperRes could make me switch to AMD, but you never know.

After getting around to watching the Youtube video I may give this one a reinstall just to see the eye candy.

Become a Patron!
Back