Michael Keaton to Play Batman in Batgirl

Peter_Brosdahl

Staff member
batman-returns-bruce-wanye-bat-signal-1024x576.jpg
Image: Warner Bros.

Michael Keaton will be donning the cape and cowl for multiple projects in 2022. Following a number of rumors and a statement from DC Films president Walter Hamada about his role in The Flash, it has now been confirmed that Keaton has also signed on for Batgirl.

Not a whole lot has been shared about the film, but Michael Keaton won’t be the only actor returning. J.K. Simmons will once again portray Commissioner Gordon, as he did in Batman v Superman and Justice League. Brendan Frasier will play the film’s villain, Firefly, while Leslie Grace...

Continue reading...

I'm very cautious about Batman related projects these days. In fact, just about everything out of DC and Marvel has missed the mark lately.

It's going to be a Marvel cross-over and Barry will actually be running across The Vulture™ .. with some Playstation 5's in the back ground as product placement.

Even though this planned DC multiverse theme has been in development for years, I'm sure the general consumer will view these films as DC copying Marvel's current direction.

Not sure how I feel about Keaton being involved - sure I enjoyed his Batman movies back in the day, but how much of that enjoyment came from Tim Burton still making great films?

With that said, I am feeling the hype for The Batman movie with Pattinson - I'm hoping it brings the Snyder-esque take on Batman to the big screen.

The one thing I enjoy more about the DC universe over the MCU, is DC's willingness to take risks with their IP and not necessarily have everything in the same universe. MCU feels like it's constantly trying to world build and is suffocating themselves because of it, whereas DC will allow projects like Joker to occur with their characters.

Even though this planned DC multiverse theme has been in development for years, I'm sure the general consumer will view these films as DC copying Marvel's current direction.

Not sure how I feel about Keaton being involved - sure I enjoyed his Batman movies back in the day, but how much of that enjoyment came from Tim Burton still making great films?

With that said, I am feeling the hype for The Batman movie with Pattinson - I'm hoping it brings the Snyder-esque take on Batman to the big screen.

The one thing I enjoy more about the DC universe over the MCU, is DC's willingness to take risks with their IP and not necessarily have everything in the same universe. MCU feels like it's constantly trying to world build and is suffocating themselves because of it, whereas DC will allow projects like Joker to occur with their characters.
I feel the exact opposite. Not world / universe building is taking the easy way out. I would much rather have continuity between films

I feel the exact opposite. Not world / universe building is taking the easy way out. I would much rather have continuity between films
I think it's one of those double-edged swords. It can be a great benefit when you have a common thread running between a lot of different characters and titles and it is well planned and curated, but at the same time it's going to put some very obvious limitations on what a director can do with a particular character.

I think if you have overall good vision, it can be a net benefit (as it has mostly in Marvel), but we've also seen where it's been a horrible disaster (Star Wars)

I think DC should pick one - right now it's all over the map; there is a DC universe with a plan, and then there are a lot of random DC titles that exist completely outside of that. And this being the what, 5th or 6th Batman reboot is a bit... dizzying.

Last edited:
What is holly woo doing? Keaton is 70, is he playing a retired batman in an old folks home dressing up as batman to scare the nurses?

Begins to wear depends? Take random naps at all hours of the day? Forget where he put the keys to the bat mobile?
Batman takes on incontinence....... Wonder if he has his own line of didee's or colostomy bags?

I think what I was looking for was the Batman Beyond, not Begins. Long day.

batman beyond.jpg

Become a Patron!
Back