Micro Center Is Opening More Stores, Starting with Indianapolis

Tsing

The FPS Review
Staff member
It doesn't appear as if Micro Center will be going the way of Fry's Electronics or Circuit City any time soon. According to a store update on the Micro Center site, Micro Center is planning to open a new retail location in Indianapolis this summer, allowing locals (or those desperate enough to take a road trip) to walk aisles upon aisles of the latest computer hardware. Visitors will also be able to sit down at the Knowledge Bar, where they can get comprehensive warranty and repair services, test associates' knowledge on tech, and more. Micro Center is reportedly planning to open two additional locations by 2025.

See full article...

Nice! They really need to open up a lot more stores all across the country.
One of the reasons Microcenter hasn't gone the way of the dodo like many other stores is because the company has been smart enough to not expand too fast or too much. I'd love to see more Microcenters opened up across the country and there's no doubt that there are quite a few places they could open up and make a profit but it needs to be done carefully.

One of the reasons Microcenter hasn't gone the way of the dodo like many other stores is because the company has been smart enough to not expand too fast or too much. I'd love to see more Microcenters opened up across the country and there's no doubt that there are quite a few places they could open up and make a profit but it needs to be done carefully.
IOW, in, or a short radius from, a major
metropolitan area.

I'd be happy with one in Charlotte or Raleigh. Raleigh would make more sense with lots of tech companies there, and I'd have no problem making the 2.5 hour trip.

As much as I'd like them to open one in my state, ABQ is probably the only place it might survive but crime is so bad there I could easily see them closing within a year due to it.

They operate almost more as a destination than a store. It's like part of the tech zietgiest.

Become a Patron!
Back